PDA

View Full Version : Check out my chevy "work truck"

Southern Pride
07-14-2010, 06:13 AM
So I thought certainly some of yall on here like trucks. Mine is nothing special. 95 Z71, 7" cepek suspension, 4.56 gears f/r, 35's, 17" wheels, blah blah. Yes this is my tow pig. I've owned it for 8 years since I was 15. Paid for everything myself.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/cleanassz/Picture001-2.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/cleanassz/Picture002-1.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/cleanassz/Picture003-2.jpg

I will get pics of it with the signs and trailer. My signs are black with red writing, white number. The trailer is black, red mowers, weedeaters, and red racks. I know its not the most professional setup but when the trailer and signs are on everything matches and it really stands out, which I'm thinking is excellent for marketing. I've had a few ppl say they got my number from seeing me in traffic :cool2:

Although It all looks good, I plan on getting a diesel tow pig once I fill my trailer with all the mowers I want.

nepatsfan
07-14-2010, 08:00 AM
LOL.....Redneck truck with magnets...this is the guy giving people advice?

Jusmowin
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Very nice truck, love that cowl hood.:)

bobcat48
07-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Very nice,sweet ride..

redskinsfan34
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL.....Redneck truck with magnets...this is the guy giving people advice?

Why is there always some jack off who has to cut down peoples equipment on this site? It's like clockwork. Somebody posts a pic of a piece of equipment they're obviously proud enough of to post a pic of it and somebody just can't wait to jump in and call names. I don't get it. I think it's a good looking truck.

pdenney11
07-14-2010, 11:54 AM
That's one of the nicest 90's z-71 I've seen in a long time.
Posted via Mobile Device

pdenney11
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Why is there always some jack off who has to cut down peoples equipment on this site? It's like clockwork. Somebody posts a pic of a piece of equipment they're obviously proud enough of to post a pic of it and somebody just can't wait to jump in and call names. I don't get it. I think it's a good looking truck.

I don't get it either. And it's every single thread. Does someones knowledge about lawn care have anything to do with their truck or other equipment? To not accept advice from someone because you don't like their equipment is just ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
its cute.....

Kennedy Landscaping
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I think that's a slick looking truck. Just ignore the nay sayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Southern Pride
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Oh I'm used to the haters guys. I give advice because I got my first client when I was 12. Really has nothing to do with what you drive. Just goes to show typical shallow mentality. I can't even tell there's a trailer behind the truck with the 4.56 gears. Things a beast!

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

deere615
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
No way I could use that as a work truck. That thing is beautiful! Nicest obs I have seen in a while, keep it up!

J&R Landscaping
07-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Very nice truck indeed! Almost to nice to use as a work truck!

redskinsfan34
07-15-2010, 09:23 AM
stock exhaust on that?

Southern Pride
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Very nice truck indeed! Almost to nice to use as a work truck!

I agree. I want to retire it asap, and throw the 6.0 vortec in it with the HD 4l80e tranny. Along with more lift, some black/chrome 20's wrapped in 37 or 38" toyos. It needs a paint job bad too.

stock exhaust on that?

Negative. 3" Y-pipe, magnaflow cat, dumped behind the rear axle.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! :usflag:

W.L.M.
07-15-2010, 08:22 PM

I know I post pics of a loaded 2010 silverado and get ragged on for it. I do agree the OP's truck is a nice lookin ole chev.

Southern Pride
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I know I post pics of a loaded 2010 silverado and get ragged on for it. I do agree the OP's truck is a nice lookin ole chev.

I can tell by your sig, you're blood is chevy orange like me. Thanks for the comp.

streetscrapin16
07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
This is the best body style Chevy. This is a sick looking truck. The front end is sweet all black with the billet grille and chrome lights. Nice work

fritowrdo
07-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Very nice. Even better it is 15 years old and looks that good.

Hope you don't scratch her.....

Southern Pride
07-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah I really think the 88-98's will be a classic someday. Some think they already are. I tried to colormatch as much as I could. I hate too much chrome. I plan on eventually getting the black colormatched front and rear bumpers with some chrome 20's. So the only things chrome would be my billet grille, the bowtie and the wheels. Along with a little chrome in my Z71 emblems.

Frito, I think the pics make the paint appear to be a little better than it is. That is 15 year old paint on her. It's getting to where even a good wax isn't doing the truck justice so I need to get it sprayed after I get all the dang lawn equipment I want, and an actual work truck.

TurnerLawnService
07-16-2010, 12:13 AM
nice lookin truck, need some pics of it with the trailer and mowers, also you need to buy my toro and exmark and trailer and then there will be more red.... lol
aint you on gmt400?

Southern Pride
07-16-2010, 12:27 AM
nice lookin truck, need some pics of it with the trailer and mowers, also you need to buy my toro and exmark and trailer and then there will be more red.... lol
aint you on gmt400?

Yeah I am. Obviously big on the chevy trucks. I found out about gmt400 from gmfs. My username is the same on both I think.

TurnerLawnService
07-16-2010, 12:55 AM
alright cool man, im on both sites, I am TLMduramax on both though

Southern Pride
07-16-2010, 01:05 AM
AH. I can't quite tell exactly what your truck looks like but I'd probably recognize it. But yea. I've been on GMFS forever. I don't really get on there anymore now that its cutting season. Plus a lot of guys on gmfs are ****** like that first guy that posted in my thread.

streetscrapin16
07-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Im the opposite. I love chrome.

M & MD Lawn
07-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah I really think the 88-98's will be a classic someday. Some think they already are. I tried to colormatch as much as I could. I hate too much chrome. I plan on eventually getting the black colormatched front and rear bumpers with some chrome 20's. So the only things chrome would be my billet grille, the bowtie and the wheels. Along with a little chrome in my Z71 emblems.

Frito, I think the pics make the paint appear to be a little better than it is. That is 15 year old paint on her. It's getting to where even a good wax isn't doing the truck justice so I need to get it sprayed after I get all the dang lawn equipment I want, and an actual work truck.

I think they will too, i keep mine pretty stock but i LOVE my 97 and the 454 lol :weightlifter:

This link has more pics: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=303427&page=4

Only difference is the engine has been rebuilt and now i have 265's, but these truck are BUILT LIKE A ROCK!!

Southern Pride
07-16-2010, 03:11 AM
Im the opposite. I love chrome.

Me too! BUT the guys who go to autozone and try to stick/jam on as much chrome as possible are the worst! Like things that shouldn't even be chrome. Like bug guards. Things that arent even chrome. lol. Less=more.

I think they will too, i keep mine pretty stock but i LOVE my 97 and the 454 lol :weightlifter:

This link has more pics: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=303427&page=4

Only difference is the engine has been rebuilt and now i have 265's, but these truck are BUILT LIKE A ROCK!!

Nice truck! Love the headlights and parking lights. I would kill for a 454 vortec! I'm obsessed with that whole generation of motors. They sound soooo good. I want to either put a gen III 5.3 or do the big hoss 6.0....I bet that thing ROLLS 454 and 265's. Stock 3.73 gearing?

M & MD Lawn
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Me too! BUT the guys who go to autozone and try to stick/jam on as much chrome as possible are the worst! Like things that shouldn't even be chrome. Like bug guards. Things that arent even chrome. lol. Less=more.

Nice truck! Love the headlights and parking lights. I would kill for a 454 vortec! I'm obsessed with that whole generation of motors. They sound soooo good. I want to either put a gen III 5.3 or do the big hoss 6.0....I bet that thing ROLLS 454 and 265's. Stock 3.73 gearing?

yea they are smoke headlights and parking lights, i also have HID's and ooooo do I love them, some other drivers in front of me dnt tho lmao
and yea i believe they are 3.73 i will have to check, you could only get 3.73 or 4.10 and yes it does sound great, im putting an exhaust on him next

streetscrapin16
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
I have all that stuff chrome. Bug shield, vent shades, handles, gas door, mirrors. I will try to get a pic up today.

streetscrapin16
07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Here are 2 pics of my truck then 1 of my dads.

joef450snowplow
07-16-2010, 03:25 PM
nice truck to bad its a gasser

streetscrapin16
07-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh yea. it definately is, it gets like 12 and get about 9-10 pulling a trailer. But I would never get rid of it.

Texas Lawn
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Being from Texas, nothing brings back memories faster than a Z-71. Me and my friends had the trucks as well as the 2-door Tahoes and loved to go mudding. Im guessing you dont put much in the bed?

groh_brian
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Nice truck! Even tho im a mopar guy.

Got any pics of your black beauty with all the signs and stuff on her?

kemco
07-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Nice Chevy

doubleedge
07-17-2010, 01:08 AM
...I plan on eventually getting the black colormatched front and rear bumpers...

If you bump into something (e.g. a mailbox or a trailer hitch) with a chrome bumper, the damage isn't noticeable; If you bump into the same thing with a painted bumper, it might get scratched.

Southern Pride
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Being from Texas, nothing brings back memories faster than a Z-71. Me and my friends had the trucks as well as the 2-door Tahoes and loved to go mudding. Im guessing you dont put much in the bed?

Man. Nowadays the truck is really baby'd, other than using it for work. I used to go mudding and actually use it every week. The funny thing is, once the lift went on, I quit mudding it. Sick of replacing things. I just like the view in traffic sitting high. This lift kit is amazing ride quality. Rides better than it did stock.

Oh, and 2 door tahoes were the coolest trucks by far. I'd kill for one.

Nice truck! Even tho im a mopar guy.

Got any pics of your black beauty with all the signs and stuff on her?

It's funny you say that. I often call her black beauty. Not yet though, but I will probably in the fall.

If you bump into something (e.g. a mailbox or a trailer hitch) with a chrome bumper, the damage isn't noticeable; If you bump into the same thing with a painted bumper, it might get scratched.

I agree but I've never and wont run into anything with the truck. I'm pretty careful.

Southern Pride
07-17-2010, 07:35 PM
I thought this may interest some of you. This is a couple years back. I woke up to this from a night of mudding. It used to have the brushguard, tool box, those terrible looking chrome rocker panels and the best caps were chrome.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/cleanassz/dirtyclean/dannote004.jpg

What would really be interesting is a picture of it when I first got it. You would not know it was the same truck.

groh_brian
07-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Looks like you had a little bit of fun there!! Glad to see shes not a pavement pounder!!

Southern Pride
07-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Well she is now! That is, unless you wanna pay pal me the funds for tierods, balljoints, and cv axles! :D

Chris B.
07-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I have a 2 door tahoe, a 1999 and just put a new motor in it! Cant wait to start fixin it again.

amscapes03
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Southern.....Nice truck. Just wondering how those BF Mudders handle on the road? Noise, Handling, Gas milage, etc.

Southern Pride
07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
The most amazing thing about the truck is my BFG muds. They have been on the truck since OCT 2006. The first pics I posted were a month ago and these tires STILL LOOK NEW. I have only rotated them one time. So in a couple months, I will have had them for 4 years now. They are amazing. I will buy nothing but these tires now. I drive the truck everyday, drove it 300 miles to school several times. Several road trips, etc. It doesn't just sit around.

Southern Pride
07-19-2010, 09:08 PM
No noise, perfect handling, etc. Not one complaint.

frandon29
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Got to love the 88-98 trucks. I thought you might enjoy this one of mine. I will never let this thing go.

South Florida Lawns
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Git er done!

-Dalton-
07-29-2010, 08:39 PM
GMFS FTW!!!!!!! whats up man, trucks still looking clean!

Southern Pride
07-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Dalton! Are you the same username from GMFS?? I think I remember you starting a thread asking about what ztr to buy? Am I wrong or?

Frandon - truck is lookin good man. I like the colormatched bumpers, fender flares, and the fact you actually use it too! Gotta love it. These trucks are timeless.

-Dalton-
07-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Dalton! Are you the same username from GMFS?? I think I remember you starting a thread asking about what ztr to buy? Am I wrong or?

Frandon - truck is lookin good man. I like the colormatched bumpers, fender flares, and the fact you actually use it too! Gotta love it. These trucks are timeless.

yeah, thats me. i stole your thread title and posted my truck. we'll see how it goes.

Southern Pride
07-31-2010, 05:22 AM
lol I remember your nbs 2wd ass, good luck in this biz :usflag: