PDA

View Full Version : cheaper hurricane blower.

THEGOLDPRO
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
you guys seen the cheaper version of the hurricane blower? the rep said this one was going to cost in the 5k range. you steer by moving the whole handle assembly left and right. it had an 18hp subaru on it.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/hurricane.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/hurricane2.jpg

flatlander42
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
That's real neat. I'm just glad that I mow till all the leaves are done falling! We just don't get the leaves that some of you guys do.

MarcSmith
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
that would be great for parking lots around campus...

THEGOLDPRO
07-14-2010, 11:32 AM
yeah i think im gonna pick this one up, its roughly half the price of the original hurricane blower
blower is alittle smaller,doesnt have the vac option, and isnt a full hydro steering system, they made this one to sell to the guys who dont want to spend 10k on a blower that will only be used a few months out of the year. here is the original hurricane blower for people who havent seen it.
http://www.pacelink.com/images/Hurricane%20blower01.gif

MarcSmith
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
sometimes simple is better...

propertymanagement2010
07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
you could just build one yourself outta a billy goat 18hp for under $3500.....

Mark Oomkes
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Sweet, $5K is reasonable, $10K for the original is insane, which I told them. Lots of guys around here with them, but I just can't justify it.

RLS24
07-14-2010, 04:47 PM

I would bet less than that....just buy a beat Hydro WB mower with a sulky (or a Stander for that matter) and find an old Little Wonder or Billy Goat with a bad motor, take the deck of the mower, fab up a frame outta square tubing to hold the blower housing and weld the casters from the mower deck to the frame. Just have to figure out a way to run the blower off the mower PTO, but if you're handy enough you could easily do it.

grassman177
07-14-2010, 04:49 PM
that new one looks like a piece of crap, and at 5K it is still way too much to even consider

THEGOLDPRO
07-14-2010, 05:58 PM

im not that motivated. but its a good idea.

THEGOLDPRO
07-14-2010, 06:06 PM
that new one looks like a piece of crap, and at 5K it is still way too much to even consider

well its def made cheaply compaired to the original hurricane, but thats the reason its 5k cheaper. as for the price it seems resonable to me, we have a ton of big propertys that would suck to have to push a blower around. we currently use a toro groundsmaster with a blower on the front but its just too big and takes up a ton of room on the trailer, we can only fit the groundsmaster and one walkbehind on the trailer, so we always end up having to bring both trailers to tow the mowers along as well. with the smaller one we can bring the hurricane a walkbehind and my z-mower on the same trailer.

mowerbrad
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM
I tried the original hurricane in 2008...what an amazing blower! I know the guys who have the original prototype (the blue colored one), that same company has another red one as well. The employees there won't do clean ups without a hurricane blower, and I can see why.

Now when you look at the 10k version, you do get two tools in one....a blower (bigger than anything on the market) and a leaf loader.

I just can't justify 10k for a blower that I would use mainly 2-3 month each year. Now 5k is a little more reasonable for me, which would make me consider one of these new ones if I get more jobs that would require a large blower.

I now just wonder how well this new little blower works. The $10k version could blow the pants off a nun...I wonder how the little version will compare.

propertymanagement2010
07-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Once we get some large commercial properties down the road I'll def be taking a look at them. But for now 5 ebz8010s + a 72" leaf plow will suffice
Posted via Mobile Device

Jelinek61
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
These blowers sure are sweet, but for the price you have to pick up a ton of leaves to justify the cost. The guy who started the company lives about 10 miles from my house and they are built about a half hour from me. A few lawn care companies around me have the original ones and seem to like them but for the price you can get a couple walk behind blowers and some other equipment and get more jobs done at once. One guy i know wants to sell his after only a few months because he isn't using it as much as he thought, i guess to much power for smaller yards.
I think their real niche market would be in parking lot maintenance and leaf blowing in cemeteries.

THEGOLDPRO
07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
i drove the smaller one around for a bit, its a decient machine, it blows pretty hard for the size of it, it blows harder then any push blower i have seen. im def gonna buy it when it comes out. i was told it will be out in aug some time.