PDA

View Full Version : New direction

jcalisi
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Just to start out I've been trolling this site for a long time and thank you for all of the information I've gathered from here.

I'm currently in a new(3yrs old) house that had sod laid down in front and seed in the back. Both yards are a mess and since I can't seem to keep the Bermuda out of it I'm planning to renovate the yard and move to Bermuda grass.

My plan of action is to do the front yard first by mowing what grass I have left to the lowest possible level. Then aerate and follow that with a top dressing of a clean topsoil. Finally seed with Yukon at the prescribed rates. I figure I have about 2400 sqft of front lawn to do. I need to top dress it anyway because the metro water service destroyed my front lawn and did a horrible job of fixing it.

I also have a tiller but really didn't want to till it up I'm sure its full of rock. Also, I need a good location in mt Juliet to get clean topsoil delivered.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

jcalisi
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I should add to that probably roundup after I scalp the yard. How long do I have to wait before I can do the next steps.

thanks again for your help