PDA

View Full Version : Bed edgers...What kind is the best?

DaddyRabbit
07-26-2002, 08:03 PM
What kind of Bed edgers does my fellow landscapers prefer? I have rented until I am convinced I now need one. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :blob3:

heygrassman
07-26-2002, 08:30 PM
See my post on the Comm Board.

you may reconsider renting when you see the price.

googles
12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
i like the stick edges becuase they dont take up any room in the trailers. you dont have to pull out anything to get to the mowers which you use first. plus you can position the stick edges to any angle

The Cowboy
12-22-2005, 04:05 PM
String trimmers work fine for me. When they can't do it, a good ol' fashioned titanium shovel does the rest. For sidewalks I use a Little Wonder W/B edger.

googles
12-22-2005, 05:22 PM
True most of the time i use the string trimmer too. more like 95 percent of the time is string trimmer

Markf
12-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Are you talking about creating them or maintaining them? Big difference. We have a Brown Edger to create and to gets ones in rough shape back to having the crisp edge they should have. After that, stick edger.
Mark

thenewone
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I have been lookin around to and the best i have found is Bed Shaper made by little wonder. they also make an attachment for the Walker mower. and the link is: http://www.littlewonder.com/bedshaper.asp

nitrotim
12-23-2005, 08:32 PM
What kind of Bed edgers does my fellow landscapers prefer? I have rented until I am convinced I now need one. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :blob3:

I rented the new bluebird 'BED BUG' this past season and although I can't compare it to the others it did a nice job. Very easy to use even though its not self propelled. I made alot of nice 4" deep and 4" wide trenches with it. I also believe there are cable laying attachments for it but I am not sure so check the website.

gene gls
12-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Check out Turf Teq and the Sidewinder. Looks like a promissing unit.

Eclipse
12-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Brown Bed Edgers are my personal favorite.

paolaken
12-24-2005, 11:47 AM
i've had a trenchmaster by brown mfg for 7 or 8 years. not one problem. probably the most productive machine i've bought for reshaping or installing edging. only a matter of minutes to install about 40' of edging. well worth the $2,000. + price in the long run.

rgjlawn
12-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I have been lookin around to and the best i have found is Bed Shaper made by little wonder. they also make an attachment for the Walker mower. and the link is: http://www.littlewonder.com/bedshaper.asp
by far the best:gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin

Turfco Tim
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Turfco has manufactured the Edge-R-Rite edger for over 40 years. Talk about a proven product. It offers more edging functions than any machine on the market. It cuts like a sodcutter not a spinning blade so everything is cut in easy to clean up strips. There are five blades available which perform the following funtions: New bed edging, existing bed edging, Tree ring edging, side walk edging and brick edging. Less money than most and definitely less weight.
Check it out at www.turfco.com or call 1-800-679-8201.
Tim Gray
Turfco