PDA

View Full Version : Blade Tuning

dpi
07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I have a newer 48" Fastrak that cuts very good. However, the blades do not line up perfectly. I mean, when I lift the deck and look, the right blade is about 1/8" higher than the middle blade. This is consistent with checking both ends of both blades. The left and center blade seem to be really close to the same height.

I checked the right blade, and it is not bent. Actually I verified all the blades were not bent.

Can I use a spacer to adjust the blade height so they are perfect? Or what are your recommendations?

Thanks for the help, I bought my Hustler because of this forum!

mowerconsultant
07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmmmm.....
Being that it is newer, I would have your dealer check this out, if the blades arenít bent then there is something else happening here.

Pj

gps_jetskier
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Washers under the spindle?

mowerconsultant
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Washers under the spindle?

Not suggested.
The only place we have used spacers between a blade and the spindle shaft is on the Hustler Z and Super Z when converting from the old offset blades to the new flat blades, this was to compensate for the offset in the old blades.

Pj

gps_jetskier
07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
That's not where I meant. I meant under the spindle housing on the deck. You could tilt a spindle by putting them under one side or one bolt.

mowerconsultant
07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
That's not where I meant. I meant under the spindle housing on the deck. You could tilt a spindle by putting them under one side or one bolt.

I wouldnít suggest this either.

Pj