PDA

View Full Version : Super Z Bagger - Does it work when wet?

kearneywalnut
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I am on the fence about purchasing another Exmark Lazer Z or a Super Z. I bag probably 70% of my lawns. When I purchased my last Lazer I got a 52" and the brochures leave out that you get a smaller (clog prone) pipe to the bagger when you get a 52 6" vs 8" on the 60" deck.

My dealer doesn't have a demo bagger unit, nobody ever seems to have for any company, and I would really like to see how the units work while bagging before purchasing as I will be bagging most of the time. Also it needs to bag in damp if not WET grass, last year it rained for almost 6 weeks straight in May/June here in Maine and I had to mow in it...

My dealer doesn't even have a bagging unit for me to look at for the Hustler, my Exmark Dealer set up a new Lazer with a bagger for me to at least take a look at.

Is it possible to get a bagger demo from Hustler?
I would like to know how much the different bagging options add to the weight of the machine. (also length and width)
How quickly can I take off the impeller/fan unit?
The hopper top looks to be made of metal, how does that hold up, I like the plastic on the Exmark unit as it doesn't bend when you(employee) runs it into something, nor does it damage what you hit as much as metal might.
What exactly does the airflow/grassflow path look like, a $12-15K purchase... so I would like to know what I am getting in advance.

Thanks in advance for your input/answers.

mowerconsultant
07-19-2010, 09:05 AM
If you could email me I will forward your demo request to our regional sales manager, then you can see it all in person.
Also, what size deck are you looking for? 54"? 60"?

kearneywalnut
08-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I received one response email saying that they could set up a demo for me but needed to know what dealer I was planning on going through. It has been almost a month and I haven't gotten any response back. I haven't been impressed with my Exmark Dealer as of late, or the corporate response to issues that I have had in the past, and I was looking forward to trying out a new company with supposedly a customer first attitude, and I can't even get the specifications on the machine that I asked for, or a picture of what $3000 gets me for a bagger, or the demo that I had requested. I am ready to purchase, and I have the money waiting, but I haven't found a company which deserves my $12-15k. You would think someone would be willing to talk to a motivated buyer...

mowerconsultant
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Good evening,
I just checked my emails, I get a ton everyday...
I replied to your email with the width information and asked about what dealer you would use.
I just found your replies, I did not see them origianally due to a junk mail filter issue I have, long story...
I will get on this in the AM first thing.
Sorry for the delay.

Pj

wolbbf
08-15-2010, 02:51 AM
I have a Super Z and I purchased the Humboldt bagger and it it awesome. I bag 100% of the time and I have no issues. If the grass is very long (3+ wks of growth) and wet you will have to modify your speed and rows. My property is wooded so I get a ton of leaves in the fall and the Hustler and Humboldt bagger makes my mowing enjoyable. I had a Fastrak with the Hustler bagger and that gave me nothing but issues. I love Hustler mowers but I love Humboldt baggers. Humboldt is made in Omaha Nebraska and it is built like a tank.