PDA

View Full Version : I used a aerator today called z rator

dogtired
07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Did a demo in hopewell va and you guys need to check this thing out. I am always looking for easier and faster ways to do things... Why? Because I have been doing this for a long time and I am Dogtired!!!! One thing I dread is aeration every fall. I am too old to man handle a walk behind aerator. My dealer in hopewell got in this steerable aerator. I demoed it today on my lazer z and it is the ticket. finally someone has come up with a product that I can make some serious money with and not kill myself at the sametime. Now all i need to do is find the money in my budget to buy it.

TandAlawncare
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
put up some pics of it please

hackitdown
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Here is a picture of one.

http://byrdtractorinc.com/item_Uteco_ZRM-EW_Aerators_6285.php

I can't find any web site for the manufacturer.

Az Gardener
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
How much ? ? ?

RABBITMAN11
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Junk !!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
07-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Ditti with RABBITMAN11

TandAlawncare
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
What is so bad about it. Not being criticle but would like some info on it If it is junk then why is it junck

lawn king
07-17-2010, 05:56 AM
I have 2 words of advise for you, LAWN SOLUTIONS!

hackitdown
07-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Junk !!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you tried the product?

EastCoast
07-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Junk is accurate in this... You need weight to pull a good plug. Buy a Weasel and attach it to your mower, you will. get the same effect!

Agree Lawn Solutions makes some very impressive products!
Posted via Mobile Device

RABBITMAN11
07-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I almost bought one until I used it. Junk!!!! Lawn solutions is the very best!
Posted via Mobile Device

dogtired
07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I am not really sure what motives rabbitman11 has. But since I demoed a ZRATOR. I have done some investigation on the product and company behind this aerator. Being new to the market I called the company and asked if they have yet to sell one in Indiana. The answer was no. I do not disagree that lawn solutions looks like good equipment by the videos and I am sure it does a good job. But unless you have $8500.00 to put towards a dedicated ride-on aerator {which I do not} Then you still have to walk-behind the aerator.
I know from what I actually demoed is NOT JUNK! And worked very well for me. I intend on buying one, $1995.00 buy the way. The reason I posted this is to let other members know about, and let them make up thier own mind. That is what this site is about, sharing information good and bad but when members start making statements they know nothing about it devalues this forum. I have no personal agenda here and really do not care weather you buy one or not! I know what will work for my company and my budget.

ArTurf
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I have tried a similiar setup and can tell you this is not the way to go. From my experience you are better off buying a dedicated machine or even a pull behind would be better.

JoJo1990
07-20-2010, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't say 'junk', but not worth more than about $100 to me. Clay soil would laugh at that unit. I've used several brands of WB aerators that have drums filled with water or weight bars and even they have a tough time with some heavily compacted clay soil types. This unit would not have the downward pressure or force needed to pull plugs at the proper depth. Save your money.

lawn king
07-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Did a demo in hopewell va and you guys need to check this thing out. I am always looking for easier and faster ways to do things... Why? Because I have been doing this for a long time and I am Dogtired!!!! One thing I dread is aeration every fall. I am too old to man handle a walk behind aerator. My dealer in hopewell got in this steerable aerator. I demoed it today on my lazer z and it is the ticket. finally someone has come up with a product that I can make some serious money with and not kill myself at the sametime. Now all i need to do is find the money in my budget to buy it.

The lawn solutions walk behind unit runs around $3200. You can easily run it as well as turn it with one hand, no man handling required! I own the unit, i no longer dread small aerations.

JFGauvreau
07-20-2010, 08:09 AM
The lawn solutions walk behind unit runs around $3200. You can easily run it as well as turn it with one hand, no man handling required! I own the unit, i no longer dread small aerations.

Ya the lawn solution WB is probably the best unit for small lawns or lots of stuff to go around. The ride on which of course is very expensive is for larger lots, but still, you can probably do like 30+ lawns around here in a day without being tired.

That aerator attachment is not very convenient since it doesn't have lots of weight like other guys said, also from the picture there is a big gap between, so I guess your always missing a big foot of not aerating.

flattoplawncare
09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I think it can produce the weight needed, Looks like it uses the weight of the mower when you crank down that jack. Needs some improvements though.

br549oicu8
09-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Saw it at GIE last year. I wouldn't give $200 dollars for it.

dogtired
10-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I bought a zrator for my las exmark 4 weeks ago. I can gaurantee it is NOT junk!!! Like I said before it might not be right for you but I am sure glad I made the investment. We do alot of aeration and although we did not do any time study survey's i feel comfortable in saying we added two additional properties a day to our schedule over last year. As far as penetrating the ground we have Va red clay on most of our properties and it pulled a good 1.5" to 2" plug when ground was hard and dry. Better than our walk behind did. After a soaking rain we found a good 2.5" plug. You can adjust the down pressure from the seat of the mower and detrmine how deep you go. The higher you raise your front wheels the more down pressure you get on the tines and the deeper the plug. There is no question ZRATOR improved our productivity adding more money in the bank with less labor hours. And the best thing of all is I do not need to see my chiropractor because my back feels great.
You guys do and say what you want I like the product and glad we got one.

br549oicu8
10-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I bought a zrator for my las exmark 4 weeks ago. I can gaurantee it is NOT junk!!! Like I said before it might not be right for you but I am sure glad I made the investment. We do alot of aeration and although we did not do any time study survey's i feel comfortable in saying we added two additional properties a day to our schedule over last year. As far as penetrating the ground we have Va red clay on most of our properties and it pulled a good 1.5" to 2" plug when ground was hard and dry. Better than our walk behind did. After a soaking rain we found a good 2.5" plug. You can adjust the down pressure from the seat of the mower and detrmine how deep you go. The higher you raise your front wheels the more down pressure you get on the tines and the deeper the plug. There is no question ZRATOR improved our productivity adding more money in the bank with less labor hours. And the best thing of all is I do not need to see my chiropractor because my back feels great.
You guys do and say what you want I like the product and glad we got one.

All that matters is that you are happy with it......
To each his own, or her own as they say!

Cheffy
11-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Dogtired thankyou for your positive input I have been looking at this product for a little bit . I got to see 1 at expo and I think it will be on my truck next year. Cheffy

bmoorefield
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Does anybody else have testimonials about the product? I would prefer info from somebody who has owned one or at least given one a test drive.

ReddensLawnCare
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Are you still liking the unit? Anybody else own one, I need to upgrade some equipment and I am really interested in this but I need more reviews

dogtired
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes,
I still have mine. Ready to go this fall. Will be the second season for me. You might want to check with the factory for more reviews. I can only speak for myself. The units do a great job for me. Tine wear was minimum no other issues.
Dogtired of working too hard!!!

Snapper12
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Anymore comments regarding the zrator? Very interested in one.

ECLC
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I have one for a Walker mower that I am demo.
I will be taking it back.

First it does not do good on hills. Problem I am running into is the unit takes to much weight off the mower unit and it can not get any traction.

Also, the electric jack that lifts the unit is a poor design. When in transport mode the one tire has to much pressure on the one wheel and digs into the turf to easy.
Even on driveways and asphalt it will bind sometimes.

Other than that, it does a awesome job.
I would like to really keep it, but I dont think this is for me.

Patton Lawns
04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I demoed the Zrator last week and I agree with Dog tired!! This machine fits my budget and works incredibly well. Best time to use it is after a rainy day in the spring of fall and I promise you will have excellent results.

All in one plant care
09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
wondering if you could help me, read and kept your posts regarding using the zrator and see that you have used it on several different types of machines. I am seriously thinks of buying one and appreciate your input and approach. up to this point i have used a 48" tow behind core aerator on a 52 wright mower stander. In your opinion does the aerator put any undo stress on the stander motor such as your grandstand. I have a 23 hp kawisaki or do you prefer putting it on your master or sit-down. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

Hard Worker
04-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Those that have used the z-rator do you use standers or sit downs? How well do they work with standers? Are they well built tough enough? Considering buying one instead of a stand alone unit. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated from those of you that have actual experience with one. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device