PDA

View Full Version : trailer electrical help

yardguy28
07-16-2010, 11:01 PM
ok guys i tried to use the search feature i really did......

i have a cargo express 6' x 12' enclosed trailer. i'm using a 4 way flat connection to my truck.

all tail lights work, both turn signals work and the hazards work. only the driver side brake light works.

i've replaced the 4 way flat from the trailer and i've checked all wiring and everything looks good. i haven't yet replaced the jack connected to the truck. the other thing i'm wondering about is the bulb. it is a 2 filament bulb.

i'm open to ideas......

Horsepower Lawns
07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
What is the truck. Make, year, ect.

The turn and brake light are the same wiring and bulb.

It may be the turn signal switch, we are getting more and more that are bad.

yardguy28
07-17-2010, 09:38 PM
What is the truck. Make, year, ect.

The turn and brake light are the same wiring and bulb.

It may be the turn signal switch, we are getting more and more that are bad.

its a chevy silverado 04.

everything on the truck works fine except i do have a tail light out that i will replace tomorrow.

i am also going to take the driver side bulb and see if it works on the passenger side to confirm if its the bulb or the jack on the truck.

if it were the turn signal switch i wouldn't the turn NOT work? everything works fine on the trailer except the passenger side brake light. i have tail lights all the way around, turn signals and hazards all the way around and i have a driver side brake light that works fine.

Horsepower Lawns
07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
If the turn works but not the brake, the wiring and bulb are fine. They wise the same wire and bulb.

I have seen the turns work but no brake lights.

poncho62
07-18-2010, 12:07 PM
As described, this doesn't make sense.....Like said, signals and brakes are on the same circuit on the trailer lights.....unless you have separate lights totally for the signals......Check all your grounds...Grounds screw up more on trailer lights than anything else

SouthSide Cutter
07-23-2010, 12:16 AM
You need to get a ice pick tester and you can find your problem real quick.