PDA

View Full Version : Got me a walker mower today

snapper
07-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Got it real cheap because it had a ohc kohler 16 twin. Broke timing belt then lunched a new one. so they gave up on it. I am hoping to fix it, but if not i figure it is worth more than i paid in parts. It is a 42 side discharge deck, 617 home owner hours . Never owned much less run a walker. So what can you tell me about it??

Later!! chris

bobcat48
07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Very nice.congarts and have fun with it.

Kennedy Landscaping
07-18-2010, 01:14 AM
I can tell you I wouldn't own a walker without a bagger system on it lol. Looks like it has the setup for it though so that's good. Maybe a bent shaft or pulley if its throwing belts? Could be a part gone off the belt tensioner too. Had that happen once. I'm not an expert at all on walkers though so who knows what it could be.
Posted via Mobile Device

TGM
07-18-2010, 01:24 AM
what timing belt? they really have an OHC engine? all the one's i've seen/used/owned had pushrod engines

ACA L&L
07-18-2010, 02:39 AM
its the pulley, replace it and your good, we had one with 300 hours start chewing belts, dealer said to swap pulleys and it has worked. how much did u pay for it, looks like its only setup to mulch/discharge.

snapper
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
its the pulley, replace it and your good, we had one with 300 hours start chewing belts, dealer said to swap pulleys and it has worked. how much did u pay for it, looks like its only setup to mulch/discharge.
which pulley you referring to?? Looks like mine needs the oil pump shaft and pulley and the crank gear.. Gonna go price and decide what to do.. yea it is a discharge only right now, any idea if this deck can mulch? Or do you have to get a different deck? What kinda value would yall put on the mower not running and running motor wise?

Later!! chris

rcslawncare
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Most iv seen, its just a mulch deck, have to find a bagging deck. Is there the vacc and does it work and such? It looks like it could be a good mower for sure.

MarcSmith
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
got mine a few weeks ago as well.... project. but old school 89 walker with the briggs 11 42" GHS...I'm in the process of freshening up the engine..

hour meter shows over 7000 hours...

just repainted the body, and will paint the frame this weekend. but in the process of opening the engine I broke the drive pulley with the three jaw puller.