PDA

View Full Version : Quick Books online?

Dallas Turf
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Who is using QB online? Have you used QB pro before? I am running QB pro and am thinking of making the switch to online so my bookkeeper (sister) who works off site can work on it, and we will both have access to it without having to e-mail the restore file back and forth to each other.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Jason

lilweeds
07-19-2010, 11:33 AM
While I have not used it, I have heard some of the functionality isn't there. I just signed up for the Advantage Plan. While I haven't figured it all out yet it looks promising.

barefootlawnsandlandscape
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Jason,

I have used it since starting my business 4.5 years ago. I love it. I can access my company info. from anywhere, my accountant has access, and the info. is backed up in QB online's server, so loss of data is highly unlikely. My computer can crash and I can go to another computer and have access to all files. It also downloads my bank info and stores it for reconciliation. I e-mail all invoices with recurring templates, process credit cards, etc. It is a great program and I haven't run across anything that it can't do that I need. The only thing missing is routing software, but we do the same properties on the same day, so everthing is set up on recurring templates and invoices automatically.

Hope this helps.

zturncutter
07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I was wondering if it allows you to make a back up on your own hard drive or a flash drive. I have been using Quick books pro for years but would like to be able to access the company file from other computers, perhaps use a net book in the field. Just not sure I want to trust their servers 100%.

Dallas Turf
07-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the input, from what I understand it is The online version is different from the Pro version. I just do not want to loose any functionality that I currently may have. It appears that I would still have the credit card processing and customer lists as well as charts of accounts. So I may be just as well off with it.:confused:

Can I keep a back up copy?

What if my Internet is down (I am out in the country)? Can I continue to work in qb Pro if I have a current back up copy?:hammerhead:

Any other advise?

dnc19694339
07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I am a 10 yr user of quickbooks pro and very happy. I have thought about switching to online but you will lose the ability to send out customer letters using your database. I use this option for occasional specials as well as contract renewals. It is very convenient and would be a pain without it.