PDA

View Full Version : jrco dethatcher + mulching mower?

nick21
07-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I would like a jrco dethatcher but they do not make one for my tractor. Would it be a good idea to put one in front of my ztr with mulch deck? I am assuming if I cut the grass first and then used the dethatcher it might be able mulch the thatch enough to work. I have a 48" deck so I also think I should stick with a 48" unit.
My alternative is to fab a mount for my tractor but I don't have a deck on that and I would have to rake it up. What do you think?

nick21
07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Anyone, Beuhler?

MJB
05-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I would like a jrco dethatcher but they do not make one for my tractor. Would it be a good idea to put one in front of my ztr with mulch deck? I am assuming if I cut the grass first and then used the dethatcher it might be able mulch the thatch enough to work. I have a 48" deck so I also think I should stick with a 48" unit.
My alternative is to fab a mount for my tractor but I don't have a deck on that and I would have to rake it up. What do you think?

Did you ever get an answer? I was about to ask the same question about using the dethatcher with a mulching mower each week, just not taking out to much each time and mulching it in?. Makes great stripes too.