PDA

View Full Version : Axle grease problem

bigjoedo
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
PJ,

I have a 2010 Hustler sport 42" with 40 hours on the unit. I have noticed grease oozing out of the wheel bearing where the front wheel and fork connect. This is on the left (as I'm sitting on mower) hand front wheel. The grease is only coming out of one side. The other fork and wheel have no visible grease coming out. I have not added any grease. Anything to worry about? Thanks

Joe

mowerconsultant
07-21-2010, 04:51 PM
PJ,

I have a 2010 Hustler sport 42" with 40 hours on the unit. I have noticed grease oozing out of the wheel bearing where the front wheel and fork connect. This is on the left (as I'm sitting on mower) hand front wheel. The grease is only coming out of one side. The other fork and wheel have no visible grease coming out. I have not added any grease. Anything to worry about? Thanks

Joe

Nothing to worry about, the rim doesnít use a seal, it does happen, I would just pump some more grease in it until you see it start to slightly come out of the ends of the rim on the bolt, wipe the excess and go to work...

bigjoedo
07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks again for the help? :clapping:

mustang941
08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I have the same problem with both front wheels.Where the grease is slung on to the front of the cutting deck. I have only had this Fastrak 48" 19 hp kaw. 3 weeks now and did the 5 hour oil change already..How often should I put grease in the front wheels?...I want to take care of this 5000 dollar mower to last a very long time..Its for home use only. I am so happy with this mower over the Husgavarna GT 54" mower I use to use..It has cut my 6.5 hour job into a 2.5 hour job and its so much fun to drive.

mowerconsultant
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I have the same problem with both front wheels.Where the grease is slung on to the front of the cutting deck. I have only had this Fastrak 48" 19 hp kaw. 3 weeks now and did the 5 hour oil change already..How often should I put grease in the front wheels?...I want to take care of this 5000 dollar mower to last a very long time..Its for home use only. I am so happy with this mower over the Husgavarna GT 54" mower I use to use..It has cut my 6.5 hour job into a 2.5 hour job and its so much fun to drive.

Re-grease the wheels a couple times a year if your seeing excessive grease coming out of them, otherwise your going to be fine.

Pj