PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of this....

Landscaping-newb
07-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I have some patches of this type of grass growing throughout my lawn and I am not really sure what it is. It doesnt appear to be crabgrass, but I could be mistaken. It grows super fast and is a lot lighter green than the rest of the lawn. Are there any products out there that will help eliminate this stuff while not killing the good stuff around it? Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!'

avguy
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=323080

RigglePLC
07-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Its nutsedge. Cal a professional. Small owner-operated company is best. He will use Sedgehammer. Works nice, but sometimes more than one treatment is needed. In any case it dies back to roots, just before frost--if not killed before that.

avguy
07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Riggle....it's been a week today since I sprayed an acre with the sedgehammer & I'm not seeing much change as of yet. Label says 10-14 days but you would think it would at least start to look sick or something? The Lesco guy told me today that maybe the hot humid weather might slow down the effectiveness of the sedgehammer?

chaser2587
07-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I sprayed mine over a week ago with Image, mowed 2 days later and it hasn't grown at all since the app.

phillie
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
sedgehammer needs a surfactant. I like to use dismiss I feel it works faster. YOu need to spray all sides of the sedge. Next year remember were it popped up and spray those areas in june to keep most of it from popping up