PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions New 24" Dual Hydro WB Aerator

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
OK, here it is. Our new 24" Dual Hydro Aerator. This thing is sweet!

Coming out Sept 1st and priced at $4,000

Handles just like a hydro walk-behind mower.

Don't hassel the dealers for information because they don't have it yet.....this is the first picture and release.

David

sweetjetskier
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Looks like Lawn Solutions just one uped everyone with this aerator, very nice indeed.:usflag:

TennisBum
07-21-2010, 06:42 PM
My prayers have been answered! :clapping:

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Below is the link to a video taken on my cell phone.

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5VJKiJVcZw)

Lefet
07-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Nice machine, looks smooth to operate.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 08:31 PM
It is very smooth even more than a mower. We added dampeners to the control linkages which are direct and very tight and responsive.
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 08:42 PM
It is also wide and low to the ground making it unmatched on hills by any WB aerator. Notice how low everything is on the unit.
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
07-21-2010, 08:43 PM
wow

grass4gas
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
But... Does it have a "Larger" gas tank? Can't really tell by the pics.

I swear to god, I think I fill the tank up more than I aerate.

Other than that, it works real well.

Very happy with it.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Run time is still 1.5 hours and then fill it up.

Be happy you can run it that long before needing a brake....that being said, we have offered the Honda GXV160 as an option which has a big fuel tank....still working to get a larger fuel tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

JoJo1990
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Great. Now I have to convince my customers to wait until mid September before their aeration. This unit looks awesome! David - Any info on the downward force the dual hydro provides VS. the basic unit relying on weights? Same motor or different?

LawnSolutionsCP
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Unit is very similar to our smaller one except the drive system. The down force is similar as well...but it does have more down force.
Posted via Mobile Device

JoJo1990
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
How is the drive system different? They both appear to be a true hydro drive, similar to the Toro Personal Pace like we discussed in another thread?

kbrashears
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Wanna buy back the one you just sold me so I can get this unit?

turfpig
07-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Hi David,
If you make it any easier than this you will have to supply a bottle of fake perspiration with each machine so we can make it look like we did SOME work!

mnglocker
07-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Tag to drool later. I think you just made aeration a business option that I'll actually enjoy doing now.

LawnSolutionsCP
07-22-2010, 07:46 AM
How is the drive system different? They both appear to be a true hydro drive, similar to the Toro Personal Pace like we discussed in another thread?

The are very different...and both very easy to operate. The intent of the 24" model is to be much faster and have the ability to use a sulky to ride along. Our 21" model is intended for both LCOs and rental. This unit is designed for commercial use due to size (no lifting) and overall speed and performance.

RABBITMAN11
07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
All I can say is wow, what a awesome machine. I would hate to be the other companies out there building aerators. Why would anyone buy anything else? Great Job David!

cgaengineer
07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
All I can say is wow, what a awesome machine. I would hate to be the other companies out there building aerators. Why would anyone buy anything else? Great Job David!

Especially when a Ryan of equal size is about $3000
Posted via Mobile Device

sweetjetskier
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
are there any specs available on this unit yet? How many sq ft hour, spacing of aeration holes, how much you can make with it:rolleyes:

LawnSolutionsCP
08-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Spacing is 4x7 instead of our normal 3.5x7.

24" Wide aeratoring; 35.5" total width.

420 lbs

Productivity....have not done the math yet, but its pretty quick. The ride-on is still my favorite with this one coming in 2nd.

Still launching Sept 1st....with a limited qty available. Half will be held back for EXPO and distributors to demo over the winter months.

We will have it at the Ohio Turf Grass field day on Thursday in Columbus, OH if anyone wants to give it a spin.

Marek
08-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Will your first shipping date be Sept. 1. Do you think you will sell out right away ?

EastCoast
08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
He said limited quantities, so I would say yes
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
08-08-2010, 09:50 PM
We are building only 24 units. Only half are getting sold and will likely go the first week or few days once we release them.

The others will go to distristributors and saved for the EXPO in Oct.

We are already taking orders and allowing people to reserve one.

David

Marek
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Ordered mine today . Cant wait to get it the first week of Sept. as we are really pushing aeration this year . Unit should pay for itself in a few days.

JoJo1990
08-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Ditto. Just reserved mine too. I'm a pretty tough guy and I was spent after doing 18 lawns over 2 days with a Classen split drive this past spring. I can't wait to put this bad boy through the paces. I have high hopes to say the least.

Snowy66
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey David! Sent you a PM. Are these all accounted for?

LawnSolutionsCP
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes, we have sold all we are going to build for this fall.

Marek
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Did they ship today ? Hope they will have ours by Tuesday.

Snowy66
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Any of you guys have an opinion on a 20" LS revitilizer with a 7 HP engine? Would the smaller engine cause a problem? Will I have to 'help' it up hills?

JoJo1990
09-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Any of you guys have an opinion on a 20" LS revitilizer with a 7 HP engine? Would the smaller engine cause a problem? Will I have to 'help' it up hills?

This is an aerator thread, you should start a new one for your question.

Snowy66
09-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Excuse me and thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to use better manners. This was my first hijacking! Crime doesn't pay.

RABBITMAN11
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I bit underpowered
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
How do I reserve one???

WHIPPLE5.7
09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Anyone who owns one of these please give some feedback on it.

JoJo1990
09-24-2010, 09:23 AM
They are not out yet...and we are trying to be patient. I was in touch with LS and they should be shipping out mid to late next week.

Marek
09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
They are not out yet...and we are trying to be patient. I was in touch with LS and they should be shipping out mid to late next week.

Heard that a few times already !

WHIPPLE5.7
09-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Are they $4K like originally posted? Is that shipped?

br549oicu8
09-24-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd like to see a video that shows the actual cores, too. The machine looks mighty smooth.

lush&green
09-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Heard that a few times already !

Here too!! Waiting for ride on!!

grassman177
09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
wow, that is some awesome engineering david. well done and like my dad said, can we see some core action and core samples. i know you will be a huge hit at GIE and my dad will be there to check it out for sure. i can only imagine how easy this machine is to operate.

sweetjetskier
09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone have any new firsthand input on this aerator?

I thought a few guys on LS had them ordered,any comments,opinions?
Posted via Mobile Device

JoJo1990
10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
I called David last week and was promised the unit will be shipped out and arrive at my location by 10-08-10. I'm booked all through the weekend and most of the following week.

lawn king
10-05-2010, 10:51 AM
We are building only 24 units. Only half are getting sold and will likely go the first week or few days once we release them.

The others will go to distristributors and saved for the EXPO in Oct.

We are already taking orders and allowing people to reserve one.

David

Hi david, if i were to upgrade my standard walk behind unit to this new one next spring, would there be a wait to get it? Thankx scott.

Ric3077
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Please post a video showing the plugs

lawn king
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
These machines pull a $hitload of deep,thick,quality plugs. Ask anyone who owns one!

NJemerald
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
wondering if anyone has received word on an accurate shipping date for these units? I'm getting some upset customers that I have not cored yet... if I don't receive mine this coming week I'm gonna have to look into renting one instead.

JoJo1990
10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
These machines pull a $hitload of deep,thick,quality plugs. Ask anyone who owns one!

No one owns one yet.

NJemerald - Give LS a call. They are still having some issues on vendors supplying parts.

RABBITMAN11
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I was there this weekend and they where building them..
Posted via Mobile Device

lawn king
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
No one owns one yet.

NJemerald - Give LS a call. They are still having some issues on vendors supplying parts.

This machine is very similar to the standard WB. All lawn solutions aerators pull lots of quality plugs!

grassman177
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
we hear they do but we are a see it to believe it kinda crowd, video of plugs please!

humble1
10-13-2010, 10:06 PM
It is very smooth even more than a mower. We added dampeners to the control linkages which are direct and very tight and responsive.
Posted via Mobile Device

video should show what kind of plugs it pulls and spacing don't you think.

Also why do you call it lawn solutions, you should call it one bad arse aerator. lol

integrityman
10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Id love to demo one.

In my never ending quest to find an aerator that doesn't beat the hell out of me AND is productive, Id love to try it out....

Id be willing to split the cost with someone from NW Ohio if interested-:)

WHIPPLE5.7
10-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Nobody has one yet? Anyone want to sell their single hydro ls aerator that is expecting one of these? Any word on how much the dually is shipped?

Barefoot James
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Used the prototype in 1st pic on this thread and we did two passes on a 36K property = 72K total in 1.5 hours - very smooth and pulled 2 inch plugs in some pretty dry soil. Also did my back yard - which was irrigated and pulled up to 4 inch plugs.

After we did the double pass we did one pass with the TR and seeded. Awesome combination - aeration + seed plus the tines on the seeder pulverized all the plugs. :weightlifter:

The reason we aerated before seeding is this is an unirrigated area in a high profile community. The turf grass was clumpy (K31 fescue) and we were worried about the tines hitting the soil from the seeder. The hydro aerator really leveled the field and we got really good contact after two passes with the seeder and the seeder threw the thatch/dirt/cut up plugs back over the seed (out the back of the seeder). Great for combo for clumpy areas!

sildoc
02-11-2011, 12:13 AM
alright. been a while since last post. I am interested in a new aerator. anyone know if they are selling these yet? calling LS tomorrow. time to upgrade.

Jason Rose
02-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I agree with other posts, I'd love to see some pics or up close video of the actual plugs. It seems that all of the LS videos are the same, nice video of a guy going back and forth with the machine but we never get to see what the real outcome is. Just because it looks cool and it's really easy to operate, if it doesn't pull very good plugs or if it requires going over the lawn 2 times to get the same amount of plugs that an old style drum-type ryan will do in one, then is it really worth it? I don't have LS dealers around here so I can't look at one or demo one. I'd have to go solely on what I can see in pictures or read. I'm also in need of a new aerator and want something that's the best out there.

lawn king
02-11-2011, 06:00 AM
I purchased the very 1st unit (wb) ls built, it pulls a lot of deep thick plugs. The new unit is built around the concept of the original, im sure it works just as well if not better.

jonthepain
02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
This is my son aerating some old sod. We bought this unit new last fall.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/DanielAerating320x.jpg

If it's hard to see the cores in the photo, it's because there aren't very many, and the ones that are there aren't very deep.

Maybe I need to add some more weight, but I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $85 + shipping for a hunk of cement with a u-bolt sticking out of it. I'm going to make some more by using the existing one as a form.

Note spinning right wheel. This is a constant problem. If the ground isn't perfectly level, you will be fighting this machine all day long.

Also a lot of fun running up a ramp, as mentioned in several other threads, but you get used to that after a while.

It sure looks easy in the video, though, doesn't it?

Barefoot James
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I agree with other posts, I'd love to see some pics or up close video of the actual plugs. It seems that all of the LS videos are the same, nice video of a guy going back and forth with the machine but we never get to see what the real outcome is. Just because it looks cool and it's really easy to operate, if it doesn't pull very good plugs or if it requires going over the lawn 2 times to get the same amount of plugs that an old style drum-type ryan will do in one, then is it really worth it? I don't have LS dealers around here so I can't look at one or demo one. I'd have to go solely on what I can see in pictures or read. I'm also in need of a new aerator and want something that's the best out there.

You ever hear of You Tube? There are tons of videos of LS aerators - up close, pulling plugs the 11 minute one shows all the latest and there is a ton of threads on this site telling everybody of not only the history, evolution and improvements but how well they work, money you can make and why they are the best compared to the ryans, pluggers, claussens and turfco's. Do some digging on the site and go to -
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lawn+solutions+aerator&aq=0

sildoc
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
well a call into them and they won't be releasing until May or so. Soooooo wondering what to do at this point. they say it is only at 4.5 mph and are trying to get a higher speed on it. at 4.5 I would say it is not worth it. but at say 6-7mph and doing 1-1.5 acres and hour would definitely be worth it. said pulls around 9holes per sqft. and a price of 4250.00 and 350 for the sulky. We will see. I would love to have one of these if it is more productive than what I have.

Jason Rose
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
You ever hear of You Tube? There are tons of videos of LS aerators - up close, pulling plugs the 11 minute one shows all the latest and there is a ton of threads on this site telling everybody of not only the history, evolution and improvements but how well they work, money you can make and why they are the best compared to the ryans, pluggers, claussens and turfco's. Do some digging on the site and go to -
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lawn+solutions+aerator&aq=0

You must have better luck than me... I looked on youtube and find 3 or 4 videos of their machines, and 2 are the ones from their website.

I hear positives AND negatives about them too, I've seen many posts containing complaints about the core depth and quantity. I'm trying to see if these are real issues or just unvalidated claims from operators trying to use the machine in less than ideal conditions, like the ground being too dry. I want to like the newest dual hydro machine, trust me...

I have a LS revitilizer I bought, used, last fall, and honestly it does not live up to the claims. It does more damage to existing turf and brings up too much dead grass to really be used for general overseeding. It's also very hard to use as the transmission literally drags the ground if the lawn isn't pool table smooth. I know that's not what this thread is about, just pointing out that reading the claims from others doesn't always equal the 100% truth.

humble1
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I was hoping that it would be at the New England Grows show, there was only a used rider at one of the mower dealers Richard and Clapper or something like that.

Turf Dawg
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
This is my son aerating some old sod. We bought this unit new last fall.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/DanielAerating320x.jpg

If it's hard to see the cores in the photo, it's because there aren't very many, and the ones that are there aren't very deep.

Maybe I need to add some more weight, but I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $85 + shipping for a hunk of cement with a u-bolt sticking out of it. I'm going to make some more by using the existing one as a form.

Note spinning right wheel. This is a constant problem. If the ground isn't perfectly level, you will be fighting this machine all day long.

Also a lot of fun running up a ramp, as mentioned in several other threads, but you get used to that after a while.

It sure looks easy in the video, though, doesn't it?

I beleive yours is the 21". The one everyone is talking about is the 24" dual hydro with rear wheel drive and canister type wheels on the front.

Just wondering why they were talking this up and have it on You-Tube but it is not on their website?

sildoc
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I beleive yours is the 21". The one everyone is talking about is the 24" dual hydro with rear wheel drive and canister type wheels on the front.

Just wondering why they were talking this up and have it on You-Tube but it is not on their website?

They are still fine tuning the machine. They only have it going 4.5 mph right now and are trying to target it to go 6-7mph, which will increase productivity.
Release date they said was around May.

Jason Rose
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
The 21" model in the post by jonthepain, I don't see why the front wheels spinning would matter when aerating, the tines in the ground is what propels the machine while in operation, the front wheels would only drive it when you have the tines UP, or am I missing something here?

I think LS did the same with all of their machines. As soon as they have one built and useable they post up videos and start creating a hype for the machine. Just marketing. Once they know they have customers lining up for them they start bringing them out for actual sale. In the meantime it gives them time to do more R & D on them and make sure there's no major problems going to arrise. Probably better than designing and building a new machine, producing 1,000 of them and THEN start advertizing them... If it ends up being a flop, or something no one really wants, they would be stuck with a huge number of machines.

I don't understand the use of residential push mower looking Briggs engines... I'd think there has to be better alternatives out there that wouldn't really cost that much more to step up to a Kawi, Honda, or Kohler engine, preferably like others pointed out, with a larger fuel tank.

jonthepain
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
the "hydro" is what makes it easier to turn, thus the spinning front wheel when tines are down.

not sure if the split tine classen turns easier than a hydro or not. that's a tine drive only i believe.

LS offers a honda engine, but i figured it would be cheaper not to pay the extra $ for the honda and run the briggs till it died, then simply replace it with a honda.

jonthepain
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
and yeah, that's the 21. the 24 came out a couple of weeks after i bought it.

live and learn.

humble1
02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I have the split drive classen, it sucks turning
Posted via Mobile Device

jonthepain
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
well in that case i'm glad i got the LS and not the Classen.

I was also looking at the Plugr.

Barefoot James
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
the 24 came out a couple of weeks after i bought it.

live and learn.

You should see the 2015 model :laugh: I would think they can build anything - specific to what you want. You don't have to get the Briggs you can get what you want on it and they will put it on.
Myself - I have asked for a top dresser 3 years ago.... still waiting. Not going to worry about it, when it gets done and if I like it I will get one....until then I make do with what I got. They build great stuff and their Turf Revitalizer has made me a lot of money. If you aren't making money using one of those then you are not doing something right. BTW I have spent more money on the repairs and updates for that original unit than it cost me (I have unit #29 - new engine, cables, tines, tines, tines, tine reels, tires - almost everything but the hydros and body) But I still only got about 5K total in the whole thing and it has made close to 200K - Whats that like 4000% profit or a 97.5% margin. I will take that everytime! Anything that hits the ground is going to need repairs, upgrades and know how. LS at least gives us all unique insight into their processes, opporations and strives to give us what we need to make us all more money!

Exact Rototilling
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
well a call into them and they won't be releasing until May or so. Soooooo wondering what to do at this point. they say it is only at 4.5 mph and are trying to get a higher speed on it. at 4.5 I would say it is not worth it. but at say 6-7mph and doing 1-1.5 acres and hour would definitely be worth it. said pulls around 9holes per sqft. and a price of 4250.00 and 350 for the sulky. We will see. I would love to have one of these if it is more productive than what I have.

Pulling 9 plugs per square foot is a stretch with the 24 dually WB if in fact tine spacing is 4" x 6". My lawn solutions 21" has tine spacing of 3.5" x 6" and I'm not getting 9 plugs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but 7 is possible with rotating a square foot cut out with a 3.5 x 6 pattern.

Other manufactures are claiming 9 per square foot in single pass and I'm continuing to call their bluff...:hammerhead:....I'm still trying to figure out on paper how they are figuring 9 per sq foot. That is easy with a Plugr 800, 850, 855 or a Ryan 28 no matter how you rotate the square.

The 24 dually hydro will no doubt pull deeper plugs since tine spacing is more spread out.

The LS 21" WB needs the full weight kit from the out set. I'm considering putting additional weight on mine beyond those but I don't want to make the unit any more top heavy than it already is when traversing side hills, grassy swells etc.

21 WB s rolling tine across
24 dually WB 6 tines across.

Pics of the WB clipped from their video in this thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3875694#post3875694

My preference would to be sport for the LS Stander with 8 tines across and the tighter 3.5" spacing.

aeration
02-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure how everyone expects a 300 lb aerator to perform. It's 300 pounds. The core depth is based on the depth the tine can penetrate the soil. If the soil is dry and hard, any 300 lb aerator will not perform up to the normal standard.

What you get with a LS is the hydro drive which takes a tremendous amount of effort out of aerating. On equal routes, I've been able to increase my productivity by nearly 40% and still had energy at the end of the day. Another huge advantage is that the machine can not only travel in reverse, but aerates in reverse. Nearly all properties I aerate have sidewalks. The park strip is an annoying little strip to aerate. With my LS, I aerate forward to the end of the first path and then in reverse for the next path. I pick up time not only this way, but also being able to aerate in reverse when I come up to a hard stop area that would normally require the old Ryan/Bluebird/Billy Goat beater aerators to stop, disengage the tines, lift the machine, turn, reingage the tines and repeat at the end of every pass as well.

With over 200 aerations/year, there is no way I will ever go back to the traditional model of aerators.

I'm extremely satisfied with my LS walk behind and the LS Ride on aerator.

www.plugitlawn.com

LawnSolutionsCP
02-12-2011, 12:40 PM
You must have better luck than me... I looked on youtube and find 3 or 4 videos of their machines, and 2 are the ones from their website.

I hear positives AND negatives about them too, I've seen many posts containing complaints about the core depth and quantity. I'm trying to see if these are real issues or just unvalidated claims from operators trying to use the machine in less than ideal conditions, like the ground being too dry. I want to like the newest dual hydro machine, trust me...

I have a LS revitilizer I bought, used, last fall, and honestly it does not live up to the claims. It does more damage to existing turf and brings up too much dead grass to really be used for general overseeding. It's also very hard to use as the transmission literally drags the ground if the lawn isn't pool table smooth. I know that's not what this thread is about, just pointing out that reading the claims from others doesn't always equal the 100% truth.

Jason,

Isn't your used Revitalized a 6 HP unit purchased used from Home Depot tool rental? That machine is a toy compared to our 9hp models and was designed for Home Owners. We stopped sellingthis size in the US market for the exact comments you have stated. Landscapers would form their opinions about a homeowner model instead of buying a commercial grade unit. Also, the Home Depot units were custom built for them to be slow like your unit is. I would highly suggest visiting a dealer to try a commercial unit. There are also rental stores in your area who have the 9 HP model in their rental fleet as well.

Let me know if you need help finding one.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason Rose
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Jason,

Isn't your used Revitalized a 6 HP unit purchased used from Home Depot tool rental? That machine is a toy compared to our 9hp models and was designed for Home Owners. We stopped sellingthis size in the US market for the exact comments you have stated. Landscapers would form their opinions about a homeowner model instead of buying a commercial grade unit. Also, the Home Depot units were custom built for them to be slow like your unit is. I would highly suggest visiting a dealer to try a commercial unit. There are also rental stores in your area who have the 9 HP model in their rental fleet as well.

Let me know if you need help finding one.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the reply, david.

Yeah that's what I figured out, after I bought it, that it was "custom" and a dumbed down version of sorts. I've replaced a belt, tightened up the drive belt and I think it will be going back on craigslist. At least I got it at a good price. The guy had 8 of them and sold them all for the same price in under 2 weeks, so I know that price it will resell again.

I'm 99% sure there's NO rental places around my home town that have them...

LawnSolutionsCP
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
The 24" DUAL HYDRO (2011 models) should be available in about a month. We made some changes to the controls and added an optian alternate engine option....14 HP Honda will be available.

The new units should start showing up on our website....I used to run the website but now I just do product development, shoot videos and update YouTube.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to clone myself and keep doing everything...as we keep growing I have given these jobs to others and they are working on it.

We have lot going on right now any everyone is going 100 mph....our new website will be 1st class.
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
thanks for the reply, david.

Yeah that's what I figured out, after I bought it, that it was "custom" and a dumbed down version of sorts. I've replaced a belt, tightened up the drive belt and I think it will be going back on craigslist. At least I got it at a good price. The guy had 8 of them and sold them all for the same price in under 2 weeks, so I know that price it will resell again.

I'm 99% sure there's NO rental places around my home town that have them...

We had a lot of companie buy them up and then spend ~$600 in parts to convert them to the 9HP version....engine, pulleys, belt cover, wheels, cutter reel, etc....basically everything except for the frame.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Jason,

Closest rental would be:

Grand Rental Station
1505 Vine St
Hays, KS 67601

They have both our 9HP Revitalizer and our 21" hydro aerator.

Jason Rose
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
We had a lot of companie buy them up and then spend ~$600 in parts to convert them to the 9HP version....engine, pulleys, belt cover, wheels, cutter reel, etc....basically everything except for the frame.

$600 would buy the engine too? That's not a bad idea actually and would be a load cheaper than buying a whole new machine... I paid $1,200 for the one I have and its had little use. HD couldn't rent them that's why they sold them all off a year early.

I assume the different wheels and tires (pneumatic) would give the proper ground clearance for the transmission? Is the new guard expensive? Could the one I have be trimmed so that the wheels would fit or is there another reason to change the guard?

I guess this is all getting wayyy off topic as this thread was about the new aerator, not my revitilizer... If you want to PM me with more details that would work!
Posted via Mobile Device

JoJo1990
02-12-2011, 04:22 PM
The 24" DUAL HYDRO (2011 models) should be available in about a month. We made some changes to the controls and added an optian alternate engine option....14 HP Honda will be available.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet. I was a big pusher for the dual hydro to come out late last fall. I think the wait has paid off. The new controls look great and having some alternate engine options is a big plus.

TopNotchMowing
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
With the lawn solutions and especially LT Rich stuff, I'm looking forward to the day when the stand on aerator also includes a 150 lb. spreader and 15-20 gal. sprayer as well. Imagine, aerating, spreading, and spraying at the same time, and quickly!! Dream dream dream. It'll happen soon enough though.

jonthepain
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
now you're talking