PDA

View Full Version : Truck Customization

TNT Lawn Maintenance
07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I just bought a new truck and am looking to make sides and a back for the bed. I want to be able to connect and disconnect the sides from the back easily. I would also like to make a tool rack to hold all of my rakes, shovels, etc.

Any suggestions on how to go about this? or a website with plans?

93Chevy
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. I have sideboards on my truck currently, but I need to add a headboard, tool rack, and tarp roller. Check out the link in my signature for some pics of my sideboards.

For my current setup, I used pieces of oak planed down from ABS pipe pallets. Then I screwed on 1x8 boards. This allows me to, in seconds, take off a side at a job so I don't have to unload my full grass catchers over the high side.

For the headboard, I'm going to fab something where I can use trailer pins or gate pins to unlatch the front headboard from either side so I can still take off the sides at a job. Then I also want a tool holder, tarp roller, and a load handler system on the tailgate.

TNT Lawn Maintenance
07-23-2010, 01:51 AM
I think im gonna do the same set up as you only w/ 2 x 4 sides.

I like the trailer hitch pin idea, where can i buy those? I checked at home depot and lowes and couldnt find anything that would work