PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you use ServiceMagic

knox gsl
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Its a company that is supposed to send you prescreened job leads. They have an enrollment fee of $100 and each lead will run $5 - $35 depending on what they think it is worth. I made the mistake of calling for more info and now the are after me trying to sell me advertising I'm not sure I want.

Lawn Man Dave
07-23-2010, 12:30 PM
So a seach on here for service magic..... lots of threads.....

Glenn Lawn Care
07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I had service magic last year..... long story short they suck. They nickle and dime ya for everything. Do you really wanna pay for a
LEAD? I had alot of crapy leads last year and was out quite bit of money.

Columbia Care
07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
They tried to sign me up this year. While I was on the phone, the rep was pitching his sales slogan. I was looking up what he was saying on the internet. None of ot was true. I finally polite;y told hom NO!

wbw
07-24-2010, 01:32 AM
I am a fan of Service Magic. I absolutely love them. I am happy to pay there fees. My average cost of acquisition is $48 per customer. I would buy every customer I possibly could for that price.

bohiaa
07-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Like a fool, I was checking out there wed site, and gave them my phone number.
I have told them NO. a million times. they would NOT stop calling me untill I threatned them with a law suite

do searches, there nothing but a big rip off

tmetz
07-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Don't pay the 100$ sign up fee, they are allowed to lower it to 49$ I said I didn't have the 100$ but if yo could lower it tosomething more affordable I may be interested in signing up, and they lowered it :). So I signed up with them and overall I am happy with the company so far. I did geta wired lead where the guy didn't even know what city he put in, so I just called the service magic number and they credited my account. Of coarse your not going to get every lead. But for me the leads range from 12$ tip 18$. So landing one lead slays for itself.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
07-24-2010, 05:05 PM
They had me on the phone for half an hour trying to pitch it to me saying they had leads in the Knoxville area that needed to be serviced. I finally to them NO not interested in paying 5 - 35+ dollars for a lead. The sales person then ask me if I knew anyone in the business that was interested in the leads that she really needed to sell them. I nicely told her to look in the phone book I don't give out free leads. When they don't already have someone using their service and are trying that hard to sell, it sends a red flag and is a big turn off.