PDA

View Full Version : Service Magic, Craigslist, Angies list.. yellow pages..

DLC0806
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
i see tons of people asking about all of these and more.. dont use them.. everyone says.. door hangers.. waste of time everyone says.. direct mail.. too expensive.. everyone says..

Is there anyone on this site that can sticky or give good marketing advice.. other than good SEO for google on a website.. Any help?

Is there a good marketing camplain for lawn care??

Glenn Lawn Care
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I had service magic last year..... long story short they suck. They nickle and dime ya for everything. Do you really wanna pay for a
LEAD? I had alot of crapy leads last year and was out quite bit of money.

Craigslist is full of white trash people trying to get everything for free. Yeah you will find one or two good clients, but nothing worth it.

Angie list.... I have it and I havent as so much heard from anyone by using that site!!!

Yellow pages.... does everyone use the phone book anymore? Yellow pages on the internet is good. expensive but good.

bohiaa
07-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Not sure on how long you have been in Business.

Just keep getting your name out there.

We have pulled all Of our advertising, and were Growing like mad. This week alone I have turned down 5.

this is all due to having my name out there and word of mouth.
do a GRET job. spend time talking to your Customers, MAKE THEM LIKE YOU.
and it will spread like wildfire.
it doesn't happen over night.

DLC0806
07-25-2010, 02:06 AM
been back in buiness now for a year.. as i still have a full time job, and one employee that works for me, and one part job haha.. yea im real busy.

thanks for your replies..

im looking at email and direct mail marketing right now, so confused on all the companies out there and how to tackle it.. :confused:

DLC0806
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
and Glen.. im not going with service magic now, too many bad word of mouths haha..

searching for info on angies list now.. still to new i think..

here is my website.. let me know what you think.. thanks guys again for your replies

www.damicoslandscaping.com

mnglocker
07-25-2010, 03:49 AM
My best advertising has been word of mouth, yard signs on landscape projects, truck graphics, 15-20 business cards handed out per day and the local chamber of commerce.

slimart01
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
I have good results with angieslist.com. I created my company account (no charge) and after getting my first review, the calls started coming in. Most calls come from individuals whom moved from out of town and don't have any friends or relatives to recommend a contractor. Once again it's free to join for contractors and home owners pay a small annual fee. Mention the site to your current customers and have them write you up a review. It will help grow your business.

TheC-Master
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
and Glen.. im not going with service magic now, too many bad word of mouths haha..

searching for info on angies list now.. still to new i think..

here is my website.. let me know what you think.. thanks guys again for your replies

www.damicoslandscaping.com

Looks quite similar to mine in fact...

wbw
08-17-2010, 10:17 AM
My business model demands continuous growth. Since the beginning of last summer I have grown by @80 accounts. 50+ of those have been through ServiceMagic. My average cost of acquisition through ServiceMagic has been $48 per customer. Next year I intend to grow by over 100 accounts. Sure, a few of those will be by word of mouth, but, more than half will be from ServiceMagic. I get crappy leads sometimes just like everybody else, but, what I concentrate on is the ones I get and the total $ spent on all the leads. They have an excellent system IF YOU WORK IT PROPERLY.

I have to drive my business growth, not wait for it to come to me.

bohiaa
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
dont forget to put your name on your truck too

Woody82986
08-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I guess my business is the exception to the "craigslist rule". I get good clients from craigslist. I guess I'm lucky. I get one or two a week that I know are just looking for someone cheap to hack the grass but I don't spend much time with those. I concentrate on the good ones in good areas and it pays off. The big thing is making sure people know your name. Meet people, hand out business cards like they are going out of style and make people aware that there is such a company as "XYZ Lawn care". People can't hire you if they don't know you exist.

wbw
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
People can't hire you if they don't know you exist.

I guess that pretty well sums it up.