PDA

View Full Version : Dying Bermuda

whodat?
07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
My brother's lawn has taken a turn for the worse - with some fairly large dead spots. I need some help identifying the cause, but more importantly, a plan for revival.

Here are the specs.

-- Atlanta, GA
-- Hybrid Bermuda
-- 4 year old lawn
-- Looked great until early/mid July
-- Applied fertilizer in April and mid June (not much rain after the second app)

Should we just water the crap out of it? Apply topsoil? Any chance its take-all patch or some other fungus?

Falcon50EX
07-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Get a five gallon bucket of water and add 10-12 oz of dish soap. Water then the soap stir it so you do not make any suds, that is just my way it works for me. Pore it slowly over an area about 2-2 Then wait to see what comes up you may have a bug problem. if you have a ? pm me.

RAlmaroad
07-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Chances are good that you have a fungus problem. It's also evident from your neighbor's lawn. Fungus is rampant all over this summer. Could you attach some close ups? Is there other homes in your neighborhood with the same problem? The pattern sure looks fungal.

Think Green
07-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Fungus or Bermuda Mites!
Taking on the idea of using soap poured in an area!!!! Take a metal coffee can and cut out both ends and hammer the can into the ground about two inches down. Fill the can with the water and soap mixture. Watch for a few minutes to see what floats up. Skim off the insects and place on some paper. Get back with us on what you find.
Fungus rules out my first impression.!!!!!