PDA

View Full Version : advice on a new blower/vac

dustinnice
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
so when i started landscaping i used my old poulan blower/vac combo to pick up hedge clippings in beds and also use it as a blower which was convenient. now finally its given up. So im in the market for a new one. Anyone got any recommendations or ones to stay away from? thanks

White Gardens
07-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Using a hand-held vac is just way too slow. I'd use a billy goat, or even a small mower with a bagger.

Az Gardener
07-24-2010, 09:51 AM
As always try the search function. I have posed a pretty thorough review of both the Echo and Stihl brands but I'm not up to doing it all over again.

Stillwater
07-24-2010, 10:24 AM
so when i started landscaping i used my old poulan blower/vac combo to pick up hedge clippings in beds and also use it as a blower which was convenient. now finally its given up. So im in the market for a new one. Anyone got any recommendations or ones to stay away from? thanks

Their is only 1 worth buying

http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/shredder.html

dustinnice
08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
i actually did a search but i didnt see anything..i will try again later.
i do hedge trimming since a lot of guys who cut grass wont do it. so i have to pick up clippings in flower beds with rocks and mulch and cant really use a billy goat vac..

Davido
09-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I have both the Stihl vac and the echo vac. I prefer the echo. Just use the Stihl as a dedicated handheld and the Echo as a dedicated vac. Actually, when I started out I had an old Snapper homeowners vac - I LOVED it! Fuel line got eaten away and bought the Stihl. If I found one on Craigslist I would pick it up. Think it was a Poulan make...

Davido
09-02-2010, 01:34 AM
As far as it beint too slow... I agree. But I'm in Vegas. Not a lot of leaves anyway. Blow all debris against a garage door or block wall, bag the majority if necessary, vacuum the remainder for a "finished" touch. You would not believe the kinds of PITA customers that think the tree quits shedding once you leave.

troyota71
09-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I have the 5 Echo shred/vacs and a Stihl. I like the Echo for sucking power,it sucks better the the Stihl.Be careful of the larger Echo as there is a design flaw with the heat shield next to the motor as debris collects there and cause the motor to over heat and blow up.

dustinnice
09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks.. picked up a bg85 for the time being. Looks like it will do the job. Thanks again for all the input