PDA

View Full Version : Brake controller

mowerbrad
07-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I've done a little research into a brake controller for my truck. I currently have no brake controller but my new trailer I just ordered will have brakes on both axles and will be quite a bit bigger than what I have now...so a brake controller is a definate must.

From reading a few threads, the Tekonsha P3 controller seems to be a "top of the line" model.

Any opinions on this model or suggestions for different models that would be better than this?

SchnabelLawnCare
07-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I've done a little research into a brake controller for my truck. I currently have no brake controller but my new trailer I just ordered will have brakes on both axles and will be quite a bit bigger than what I have now...so a brake controller is a definate must.

From reading a few threads, the Tekonsha P3 controller seems to be a "top of the line" model.

Any opinions on this model or suggestions for different models that would be better than this?

What do you have to do on the "truck side of things" to get brakes on the trailer to work? Do you have to do some special wiring? Not meaning to hijack, Brad, just curious if you could help answer this for me.

R & R Yard Designs
07-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Does the truck have a tow package. If so there will be wires under the dash for the contoler if you can't find them take it to a shop and spend very little to have that done.
Posted via Mobile Device

GravelyGuy
07-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I have a Prodigy P3 that I will be selling in a couple days if you would be interested. It works great, the boost feature is nice.

clinicalengineer
08-05-2010, 09:45 PM
P3 is the way to go. I just started using mine last weekend with my new 6x16 tandem, awesome power. From what I read on a couple review sites, if you occasionally tow a trailer go with the time delayed controller. If you tow a trailer frequently go with the proportional (P3).