PDA

View Full Version : Small Commerical Account Bid

Hubbard's Landscape
07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I have a small commercial account that I need to bid. The owner wants the parking lot blown off every month or two. I was going to set a price for once a month and tell him that every two would be more and it's easier to just keep it clean. What should I charge for this it totals, 26,078 Square feet. Which is pretty small for a parking lot. No trash pick-up, only one large tree in the back and a few Very small maples. Is there a way I can get a basic formula for this?

Also he wants his planting beds weeded after the initial weeding whats a decent square foot formula I can use for this. The beds are 1713 and have quite a few plants in them. Any Ideas? Also he doesn't want any chemicals because there a tai chi, yoga, center. (organics only) HE'S WORRIED IF SOMEONE SAW ME SPRAYING CHEMICALS ON THERE WAY TO AN OM CLASS IT MIGHT BE AN ISSUE.

Thanks!

JsLandscaping478
07-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Calculate the man hrs you think it will take, then figure out a price / hr. Don't tell the guy you will charge by the hour, just it to help you estimate. Add in equipment cost, etc. Have a back up price if you think it might be too high, or tell him your quality of work speaks for itself.

Hubbard's Landscape
07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Calculate the man hrs you think it will take, then figure out a price / hr. Don't tell the guy you will charge by the hour, just it to help you estimate. Add in equipment cost, etc. Have a back up price if you think it might be too high, or tell him your quality of work speaks for itself.

yeah, my problem is I'm not sure how long it will take is all.

Glenn Lawn Care
07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
yeah, my problem is I'm not sure how long it will take is all.

Thats something you will have to work on!