PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer storage

coryjones
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Hello all i have a 18' enclosed trailer i am going to be using for lawn care and landscaping. I am just getting started in this i currently have 1 trimmer plains for at least one more soon a blower back pack seeder pressure washer push mower and a cub cadet rider. I am trying to be figure out the best way to organize things. Anyone have any pics of there setup or a place to get cool stuff to deck it out? I am looking at a Hustler super duty in a few months too.

DoetschOutdoor
07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Just do a search right above here on the page....many others including myself have pics but its hard to repost pics so just search and youll find tons. My new trailer will be here in 2 weeks and ill have another thread as I go to town on gettin it rigged.

GravelyGuy
07-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Here are a couple of pics of mine. I have the metal gorilla shelving for stroage. It has E-Track and Fast Straps for securing things down and the floor is Herculined. I also added plywood around the bottom for protection.

Lefet
07-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice pics GravelyGuy

EverestLandscape
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Go to snaprack.com They have what you need and pictures of what it could look like. I have all of there stuff in my trailer and couldn't be happier with how it turned out and ease of use and storage.

GravelyGuy
07-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice pics GravelyGuy

Thanks.

I forgot to say. Make sure anything you plan to hang is through a metal brace. Self tapping screws make quick work of this.

Also, I made the mistake of bolting the metal shelving through the floor only and not against the wall. Most of the welds broke at the feet and I ended up having to secure it against the wall also.

Stuff really takes a beating inside the trailer. Make sure it is secure!

coryjones
07-29-2010, 01:01 AM
What kind of flooring are you guys using? Right now mine has back and white tiles and about half of them are coming up. I was thinking of talking them out and painting it with sand in it? Gravleyguy nice setup what are you hanging your latter on? I just got a roof vent for it man does it need it bad it is one that can stay open and not get rain in it.

DoetschOutdoor
07-29-2010, 06:01 PM
What kind of flooring are you guys using? Right now mine has back and white tiles and about half of them are coming up. I was thinking of talking them out and painting it with sand in it? Gravleyguy nice setup what are you hanging your latter on? I just got a roof vent for it man does it need it bad it is one that can stay open and not get rain in it.

Those checkerboard tiles are nice and dandy for motorcycle haulers but not made for hauling mowers. Mine lasted about 2 months as well in the heat. Myself and alot of other guys use the roll on bedliner like herculiner or I use wal marts brand and it has grit mixed in it that will be better than just sand. Cant wait to get mine setup next week!

ajslands
07-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Get ez track!
Posted via Mobile Device

GravelyGuy
07-29-2010, 11:40 PM

I picked those ladder hangers up at Homedepot.

coryjones
07-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I got about half the tiles out and yest it was a drag bike haler so it has the chokes that fold up out of the floor for two bikes. But it does have 12v and 120v lights in it which is kinda nice. I will look in to the bedlinen once i get them all out and figure out how to get the sticky up. I think i am going to build some racks and possible a work bench. After looking at some of these racks they are stupid simple and would be cheap to make.

ajslands
07-30-2010, 01:48 AM
Ya so my next trailer will be a 40' tripple axle enclosed with a gooseneck, all led lighting,
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
07-31-2010, 12:01 AM
40' would be way to big to haul around town all day i wouldn't want anything over 20' a 18' and a 22' truck is quiet a hand full in some neighborhoods around hear.

ajslands
07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
You wouldn't use for residentials, unless you had like 40 in a row. But more for industrial or large commercial.you could fit like 6 ztrs in that!
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
07-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Think i would pass cant see a need for 6 mowers around hear. Maybe a double decker.

ajslands
07-31-2010, 12:16 AM
ya well your out in BFE so all you have to mow is corn firelds :laugh:

DoetschOutdoor
07-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Another troll, dont even respond to them fags! Let him dream about the nightmare of pulling a 40' enclosed trailer around!! What a joke!

coryjones
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Ya kinda though he was. To bad he doesn't know without the corn Il produces fuel would be a hell of a lot higher and just about all food as well.

ajslands
08-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Another troll, dont even respond to them fags! Let him dream about the nightmare of pulling a 40' enclosed trailer around!! What a joke!

:laugh: f a g dam haven't used that word since 3rd grade!

I actually had already given advice and since no one is realy offering advice anymore, why not have some fun? Or maybe we'll just call people fags :laugh: which if you used some logic, you would know a *** is either a British ciggerate or a bundle of stick. Or maybe your referring to the homosexual term which I would say "what ever floats your boat"
Posted via Mobile Device

loupiscopolandscaping
08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
nice pics man goodluck

DoetschOutdoor
08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
If what you have to do for fun is make stupid posts about a rediculous 40' racecar trailer for hauling mowers, then you sir are a ***! Get a life and keep the forum for people that want to talk real life.
Original poster, check back in about a week and you'll see my new rig getting all tricked out inside!

ajslands
08-01-2010, 04:17 PM
If what you have to do for fun is make stupid posts about a rediculous 40' racecar trailer for hauling mowers, then you sir are a ***! Get a life and keep the forum for people that want to talk real life.
Original poster, check back in about a week and you'll see my new rig getting all tricked out inside!

Now I'm an ass? I thoughtI was a f a g?
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM

:laugh:
your posts are very comical to me! :laugh:

Well I am a democrat and an a s s does represent that side... Any more puns you'd like to try? Oh and you wouldn't have to use it for racecars, you could do industrial lots.
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM
ajslands find another thread to side track. I am trying to find a good way to Sucre mowers with out having to ratchet them down sever time.

EverestLandscape
08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
hey gravely guy, i see your picture is of the new 6.7 powerstroke badge. do you have one, do you like it?

GravelyGuy
08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
hey gravely guy, i see your picture is of the new 6.7 powerstroke badge. do you have one, do you like it?

See here.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=294969&page=44

GrandMaster
08-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow! Let me show a pic of a clean set up. Not mexi riggin. Get a Duramax!

coryjones
08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I looked at the 6.7 but there was just not enough info out on them for me about durability. I bought a 08 king ranch 4 door sb 6.4 did a spartan tuner 5" exhaust and intake and ic pipes. It is suppose to lay down 628hp and 1,300 foot pounds. I love it so far the power is amazing. I am not all that impressed with the braking and the trailer brake controller.

This was stock

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh20/coryjones/Jun_26_2010_5999.jpg

This was after i done a few things to it.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh20/coryjones/Jul_1_2010_7933.jpg

ajslands
08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Ok here's a little secret! Don't tell anyone!

Put herculiner on the whole floor and about 1' up on the walls and then you'll be fine!
Posted via Mobile Device

GravelyGuy
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
What do you not like about the factory brake controller? Mine is smoother than my Prodigy P3 controller.

betterlawnsandlandscaping
08-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I must agree!!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::laugh::laughing:

betterlawnsandlandscaping
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice setup Gravely guy! Thumbs Up

ajslands
08-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I must agree!!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::laugh::laughing:

it must suck being a semi truck driver
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I need to price some Herculiner don't know what that stuff runs but i bet it wouldn't be cheap. I don't mind spending the money if it does the job. It had sticky tiles in it and they left a sticky residue got to figure out how to clean this up first.

The stock brake controller doesn't seem to have enough power to stop the trailer it has brakes on both axles. My dads truck has a after market controller and it will lock the brakes up if you turn it up. Mine will not if i am at a stop light and squeeze it and let off the brake the truck will roll.

DoetschOutdoor
08-08-2010, 04:45 PM
You do not need herculiner or any name brand bedliner for a mower trailer...I bought the walmart stuff for like under 100$ total supplies and did 2 foot up the walls, new trailer is getting like 2.5 foot up the walls. This stuff is really thick and has nice grit already in it and lasted 2 hard years on my old trailer before I got rear ended 2 months ago. Then do gray paint on the walls and trailer looks sick and has good protection. Its like 30 or 40$ a gallon and a big 16' or bigger trailer will take 2 or 3 gallons for a couple good coats. My pics will be up tom. night if I can get to working on her.

ajslands
08-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I need to price some Herculiner don't know what that stuff runs but i bet it wouldn't be cheap. I don't mind spending the money if it does the job. It had sticky tiles in it and they left a sticky residue got to figure out how to clean this up first.

The stock brake controller doesn't seem to have enough power to stop the trailer it has brakes on both axles. My dads truck has a after market controller and it will lock the brakes up if you turn it up. Mine will not if i am at a stop light and squeeze it and let off the brake the truck will roll.

80$ pr kit, I used 2 kits for a 7x15.5' enclosed trailer
Posted via Mobile Device

coryjones
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Is the walmart stuff with the paint or automotive?