PDA

View Full Version : Anti Scalp Wheels on 42" deck yes or no

dunk50
07-28-2010, 12:16 AM
looking at a Hustler 42 with the Honda. I have noticed that most of the advertising photos show the 42 with anti scalp wheels while none of the 4 at my dealer have any. Do they need them or not. I do have a little rough terrain. My dealer has said they don't need them because they would be so close to the front pivot wheels that it would just be redundant. What say you.

mowerconsultant
07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
looking at a Hustler 42 with the Honda. I have noticed that most of the advertising photos show the 42 with anti scalp wheels while none of the 4 at my dealer have any. Do they need them or not. I do have a little rough terrain. My dealer has said they don't need them because they would be so close to the front pivot wheels that it would just be redundant. What say you.

On the 42" Sport decks there is one scalp wheel, older units have it on the left front of the deck, newer units have it on the left rear.

Pj

d0nut
08-28-2010, 10:36 PM
hi,

just got my sport 42 today, took it for about 2 hrs while cutting and learning. I really like it so far, i even tried it on a slight slope and made it without problems. anywho, i'm glad i found this thread bc all the pictures have the antiscalp wheel on the front except mine's on the back.

why the sudden change? just wondering why is it better on the rear versus the front.

mowerconsultant
08-30-2010, 11:17 AM
hi,

just got my sport 42 today, took it for about 2 hrs while cutting and learning. I really like it so far, i even tried it on a slight slope and made it without problems. anywho, i'm glad i found this thread bc all the pictures have the antiscalp wheel on the front except mine's on the back.

why the sudden change? just wondering why is it better on the rear versus the front.

The Sport units changed from a forward swept deck to a rear swept deck, this is why your anti scalp is different, two different set up's.

Pj