PDA

View Full Version : Primo Maxx Question?

bart may
07-30-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm hoping that some of you experienced spray guys can answer some questions I have with PGR's. I mow lawns and struggle with out of control growth that causes me to either bag clippings or triple cut lawns. I'm losing too much time. We mow Bluegrass Fescue grasses. My question is can you mix Primo with your normal fertilizer application or does it have to be by itself? Are there any precautions that you've seen that I should be aware of? Have you had good success with it? A distrubutor told me that I can't mix it with fert. because it "confuses" the grass by telling it to grow then not grow. :confused: Is this true? I appreciate any advice and knowlege you can offer me.

KirbysLawn
07-31-2002, 02:05 AM
Your current fertilizer program does not change while using Primo Maxx. I personally would not my liquid fert & Primo together, that's just my option.

Most all your questions can be answered by using the search button at the top right, we have some very good threads on it...here's one:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=28295&highlight=primo+maxx

bart may
07-31-2002, 10:24 PM
I appreciate your reply Kirbys lawn. I have looked through the search but was still a little unsure how you guys apply it. If you don't combine it with your fert. do you then come back another time to do so, or are you saying that you only need to use the Pgr as your fertilizer. Thanks for any advice.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-01-2002, 12:38 AM
You want to apply Primo alone with liquid iron.

If you apply with other you hinder the effects from the primo.

KirbysLawn
08-01-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by bart may
do you then come back another time to do so, or are you saying that you only need to use the Pgr as your fertilizer. Thanks for any advice.

Apply Primo Maxx as a seperate treatment. Don't alter your current fertilizing schedule at all, continue as normal. You can also Apply Primo with fungicides if needed.