PDA

View Full Version : Easy to Build Trimmer Rack Video

LawnTamer
07-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi all,
Through the years, I have seen several members ask about trimmer rack designs, and I have often found other LCOs looking at my trimmer racks while out working. I made a short video of one of my racks and thought it may come in handy for anyone wanting to build a trimmer rack.

The broken bit of handle on the Stihl is NOT from the rack, but from it being dropped on a curb, an employee got stung by a wasp and freaked out. :laugh:

Here ya'll go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owAY1RXYRbU

Feel free to check out the sweet vids of my Tote Gote and Minibike restorations.

JFGauvreau
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Cool nice video and nice racks!

My handle of my Stihl is all messed up because I always put it on the rack and its tearing apart the plastic handle.

You don't have any problems with your trimming sliding back and forward all the time?

LawnTamer
07-30-2010, 09:28 AM
You don't have any problems with your trimming sliding back and forward all the time?

Nope, with the V shape of the rack, the equipment's own weight pulls it down into the V and they don't move around. If the soft, foam handled stuff rides in the V, it will start to rip it up, so I always make sure to let the shaft ride in the V with my Echo trimmers.

bozymower
07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Nice vid. and nice rack. How tall is the rack overall?

LawnTamer
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
26" from the top rail of the trailer where it is attached.