PDA

View Full Version : my new pet grizzly bear!

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Well I finally got it my new Dixon Grizzly SE 60 inch cut with 29hp Kawi.

The deck is a 7 gauge with 10 inch spindals and massive pullys. has a lifetime warrenty on the spindal housing,deck and frame. The Deck cut like a dream, it holds a hill better than any mower I have ever driven. It cuts at 12mph. this is a nice machine.

razor1
07-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Are they expensive?

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 03:40 PM
JimQ may jump in after a while. He can give any one more specs than I can. but I really like it. It stripes really well too. Everyone who has seen this mower have been very impressed by it.

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Are they expensive?

I dont think so I got it for 8500.00 out the door. Thats under retail, I paid 7000.00 for my kodiak and its three times the machine!

mowerbrad
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
There have been so many misleading titles on here lately. I was totally expecting to see a picture of an actual bear in your backyard.

But nonetheless, that is a nice looking mower.

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you, I really like it cuts so well and rides nice. JimQ is sending me a pz suspension seat for it though, can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat48
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Very nice..congarts man.

grassman177
07-31-2010, 05:33 PM
looks nice, better than the first ones they came out with when trying to enter the commercial series instead of the cheapo homeowner stuff they made for years

highlander316
07-31-2010, 05:44 PM
lets see a pic of the cut and maybe a vid to? I might buy the Y/K version sometime next year.

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Ok I wiLl try and get something up as soon as I can.
Posted via Mobile Device

IndianSprings
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Congrats on the nice looking machine. How do you like the 29hp kaw engine?
Have you used it enough yet to get an idea on the fuel consumption?
Hope you getting enough rain over there to mow. We're really starting to see lawns stress and cook over here. We mowed one of our schools yesterday and unless it rains, I bet it will be 2.5-3 weeks before we have to go back on it. It was crispy, but the requirements are to keep it at 2-2.5 inches, so we cut it back to 2" yesterday. They have been irrigating the athletic fields for over a month now.

Looks like you got yourself a good machine. Give us a review on the mower after you've used it awhile. I've been out looking at a couple of different brands myself this week.

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
We have had a few pop up showers here and there but it really aint enough though the lawns that are not irrigated will be nice and dry. I have been mowing high the last few weeks so some are ok.

The 29 kawi I like a lot its got plenty of power. I haven't ran through a full tank yet it only has 4 hours on it I think? Put I will let you know.

As far as using it I have demoed the husqvarna version a lot I've probably put 30 hours on it, but I will update as soon as I put some hours on. I got a resort to do all day monday. But thanks indiansprings your over in monett or something right?
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 08:04 PM
more pics of the dixon

doubleedge
07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Looks really nice.

castlerockmo
07-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Family Pic!!! My Kodiak 52 with a 21 kawi

Hawg City Lawns
08-01-2010, 01:45 AM
i was just thinking about a suspension seat today the kodiak has a nice cushioned seat but dang those 3 little springs dont help much.. hows the stock seat on the grizzly? is it the same 3 little springs?

castlerockmo
08-01-2010, 02:57 AM
i was just thinking about a suspension seat today the kodiak has a nice cushioned seat but dang those 3 little springs dont help much.. hows the stock seat on the grizzly? is it the same 3 little springs?

I think the problem with the kodiaks seat is all the padding on a wood frame. Once you hit a bump and u go through all the pad and the springs hit bottom your bottom hits the frame of the seat. My tail bone hurts so bad its not funny.

The grizzly seat is nice I love how its high back. There is no frame under the seat so ur butt won't hit nothing. But with out a suspension its a good ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns
08-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I think the problem with the kodiaks seat is all the padding on a wood frame. Once you hit a bump and u go through all the pad and the springs hit bottom your bottom hits the frame of the seat. My tail bone hurts so bad its not funny.

The grizzly seat is nice I love how its high back. There is no frame under the seat so ur butt won't hit nothing. But with out a suspension its a good ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

telling me my butts sore and my back is just plain killing me as much as i hate to i think the bagger is going to wait and im going to look into the suspension seat and an ocdc if i can find one can you tell ive had a lot of thoughts lately haha

LawnMowerKing10
08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Very nice ! Hope to see the vid soon !

castlerockmo
08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
telling me my butts sore and my back is just plain killing me as much as i hate to i think the bagger is going to wait and im going to look into the suspension seat and an ocdc if i can find one can you tell ive had a lot of thoughts lately haha

I ordered a ocdc for the kodiak and they sent the wrong one, I think it was only 250.00. Well come to find out it will fit the grizzly, so I may go and have them put it on and get another one for my kodiak. I have also ordered the bagger for the kodiak I had sold my husgqvarna EZ and it had the bagger on it so I need to replace it. I think the 13 bushel bagger with the dump from the seat (I think) for the grizzly is only 2000.00 the kodiak 9 bushel is 1500.00
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
08-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Very nice ! Hope to see the vid soon !

I have to mow a resort tomorrow, if I can remember I take the camera with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns
08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I ordered a ocdc for the kodiak and they sent the wrong one, I think it was only 250.00. Well come to find out it will fit the grizzly, so I may go and have them put it on and get another one for my kodiak. I have also ordered the bagger for the kodiak I had sold my husgqvarna EZ and it had the bagger on it so I need to replace it. I think the 13 bushel bagger with the dump from the seat (I think) for the grizzly is only 2000.00 the kodiak 9 bushel is 1500.00
Posted via Mobile Device

where did you find an ocdc? ive only seen the ones for the grizzlys

castlerockmo
08-01-2010, 04:46 PM
where did you find an ocdc? ive only seen the ones for the grizzlys

Through my dealer
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I put my first tank or tanks of fuel in the grizzly today. looks like it got 2.12 gal pe hour out of the first tank. I dont think thats that bad seeing that my kodiak with a 21 kawi gets 1-1.5 gph.

Hawg City Lawns
08-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I put my first tank or tanks of fuel in the grizzly today. looks like it got 2.12 gal pe hour out of the first tank. I dont think thats that bad seeing that my kodiak with a 21 kawi gets 1-1.5 gph.

thats about what i get

JimQ
08-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Great photos Joseph! :waving:

Those are some nice looking machines but, the little one in pink, WOW! What a cutie! They make it all worth while!

I'm so glad to see you were finally able to get the Grizzly. I have no doubt your operation is going to see a big improvement in productivity.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Take care,

Q

castlerockmo
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Great photos Joseph! :waving:

Those are some nice looking machines but, the little one in pink, WOW! What a cutie! They make it all worth while!

I'm so glad to see you were finally able to get the Grizzly. I have no doubt your operation is going to see a big improvement in productivity.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Take care,

Q

Thanks jim,

That one in the pink is my pride and joy and I have another little girl coming in about a month!

The productivity is way up I really like this machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cummins343
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Nice mower! I was expecting a can of Grizzly Longcut Wintergreen lol

castlerockmo
08-05-2010, 10:23 PM
It seems I got better fuel economy with the second tank. I just filled up and it was 1.8 gph. She really does great on hills and never boggs down. Love it
Posted via Mobile Device

Cooter
08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Lets see some pics of the cut. How does it cut wet grass?

castlerockmo
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
well thanks to JimQ I made mention that my kodiak needed a suspension seat. He hooked me up with a PZ seat which I put on the Grizzly and put the Grizzly seat on the Kodiak. Now but Ride like a Dream!!!:dancing:

STIHL GUY
08-07-2010, 09:57 AM
There have been so many misleading titles on here lately. I was totally expecting to see a picture of an actual bear in your backyard.

But nonetheless, that is a nice looking mower.

i was kind of expecting that too... sweet mower

Jimslawncareservice
08-07-2010, 12:31 PM
lets see some pics of the stripes

JimQ
08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
well thanks to JimQ I made mention that my kodiak needed a suspension seat. He hooked me up with a PZ seat which I put on the Grizzly and put the Grizzly seat on the Kodiak. Now but Ride like a Dream!!!:dancing:

Glad to see the seat made it to you! I think it looks darn nice on your Grizz. Thumbs Up

The Kodiak ought to be a little more comfortable now too!

Keep cuttin' grass! payup

You know where to find me if you need anything.

:waving:

Q

castlerockmo
08-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Q the ride of the kodiak is great now. I really loving that grizzly though. As soon as I can get some pics ad video I will. Its to hot to be out there more than need be.
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I just wanted to bump this thing up again. The grizz is cutting and running like a dream! Its more less a secondary mower to the kodiak so it only has 40 hours on it but man it runs nice! Its smooth, leaves a great crisp clean cut! Mohustler told me he got to take a grizzly out the other day and was very impressed with it! I can't wait for the new kodiak to come out!

Hey jim do you know the pricing of the new pz-t series yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

cut level
09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
pics please

castlerockmo
09-15-2010, 12:44 PM
pics please

What kind of pics do you want?

I will see what I can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
09-23-2010, 12:18 AM
lets see some pics of the stripes

here are a few pics from yesterday. The turf is a mix of bermuda and Fescue. This Is a resort here on the lake we take care of, this is the first cut in this direction so these stripes are fresh and not burnt in. I will see if I can get some video up later if I ever have time:hammerhead:

mowerdude777
09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Pretty slick

castlerockmo
09-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Pretty slick

Thank you! I really enjoy it
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns
09-24-2010, 12:02 AM
what resort is that next time im up that way im going to have to check that out

castlerockmo
09-24-2010, 12:14 AM
what resort is that next time im up that way im going to have to check that out

Bass pro shops very own Big Cedar Lodge! Its an awesome place! We actually cut the time share side, The wilderness club at big cedar. Its a neat place if you like the outdoors and the lake.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat48
09-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice stripes.

Hawg City Lawns
09-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Bass pro shops very own Big Cedar Lodge! Its an awesome place! We actually cut the time share side, The wilderness club at big cedar. Its a neat place if you like the outdoors and the lake.
Posted via Mobile Device

yup thats my kinda place i think i found my next mini vacation spot

castlerockmo
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
yup thats my kinda place i think i found my next mini vacation spot

Its a real nice place.

how bout the game tomorrow? Go hogs! im excited, I tried scoring some tickets but everyone i knew had already gave them away!:hammerhead:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-04-2011, 09:50 AM
My next Z may very well be a Dixon based upon this....

grassman177
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
i have to say Branson has been kinda ruined with all the over development.

i used to go there as a kid, and it was still locked away and tucked into the hills. was a cool little get away, now it is all commercialized and , well, you get the point.

i hope with all the hype, that a pro lawn guy can make a decent living there next to all the high dollar resorts etc that they are making big money on.

castlerockmo
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I will say on the new 2011 Dx200 (grizzly) they took the Pz tank painted it black and stuck them on there. I like the square old Dixon tank with lights and a fuel gauge. That's reaLly the only problem I have with the New dx200.
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
02-01-2011, 09:33 PM
... the 13 bushel bagger with the dump from the seat (I think) for the grizzly is only 2000.00 ...

That's alot of money to me ... but congratulations on your new machine, it's very nice !!

lifetree
02-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I will say on the new 2011 Dx200 (grizzly) they took the Pz tank painted it black and stuck them on there. I like the square old Dixon tank with lights and a fuel gauge. That's reaLly the only problem I have with the New dx200.

I agree 100% ... Husqvarna did the Dixon brand a disservice by changning that feature of the machines ... particularly the headlights !!

Lawn Enforcer
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Very nice machines! I bought a used Dixon 4515B like 5 years ago, used it on about 30 lawns a week, never had any problems.

GreenGiant94
02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Looks great! Have you had any problems with it rutting or tearing up the turf do to the weight?

castlerockmo
02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Looks great! Have you had any problems with it rutting or tearing up the turf do to the weight?

No problems rutting, its really not that heavy I think its 20 pounds lighter than a scag tt no problems as far as mechanical its been great
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenGiant94
02-28-2011, 09:25 PM
No problems rutting, its really not that heavy I think its 20 pounds lighter than a scag tt no problems as far as mechanical its been great
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats good to hear, thanks. What size tires you have on it? 24x12-12 or23x10.5-12? Does yours weigh the same as the husky which is around 1360 i think?

Thanks

castlerockmo
02-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Thats good to hear, thanks. What size tires you have on it? 24x12-12 or23x10.5-12? Does yours weigh the same as the husky which is around 1360 i think?

Thanks

I'm not sure on the tires I can look though. It should weigh the same its the same machine. Now the new 11 dx200 (grizzly the dx is a dumb name) has zt5400 tranny were the 11 Pz still has the hydro gear pump and wheel motors. So I don't know if they weigh any different or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenGiant94
03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Sounds good, thanks