PDA

View Full Version : Lawn / Landscape Management Software ?

tedpenn
08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
What software are you using to manage your lawn care business?

What do you like about it?

What do you dislike about it?

Is it easy to use? How is the support? What did it cost?

What features would you like to see added?

Would any of the following features interest you?

-GPS based Crew Management (manage multiple crews/trucks and see their current location, speed, and time-on-jobsite)

-Online billing and payments for your customers (send invoices via email or paper, receive payments online and have them immediately reflected in a customer's file)

-Customer history, scheduling

-Integration of customer info into your existing address book and calendar software

-Software that runs on Macs? PCs? Both?

-Equipment maintenance record keeping with reminders when service is due, fuel use, etc.

-Mobile Device for crews to use (iPad, laptop, etc.)

-Estimation tools

-Integration with Quickbooks (or other accounting software)

tedpenn
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
30 views and only one poll response? C'mon guys! :)

TJLANDS
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM

-GPS based Crew Management (manage multiple crews/trucks and see their current location, speed, and time-on-jobsite)

-Online billing and payments for your customers (send invoices via email or paper, receive payments online and have them immediately reflected in a customer's file)

-Integration of customer info into your existing address book and calendar software

-Equipment maintenance record keeping with reminders when service is due, fuel use, etc.

-Estimation tools

Gopher,
easy to use,
Would like to see them add Spell Checker,
Cost effective, $150, support is just OK.
Very good scheduling, Easily handles 5 crews.
No online paying...yet
Who cares about Mac.
You shouldn't need a computer to keep up with maintenance.(it has it though)
Been thinking of Gps tracking my crews for years, just haven't done it yet.
All trucks have email capability-Texting etc.(Blackberry for all drivers)
Import data to quickbooks, if you need to.

Very easy and efficient Invoicing, billing and scheduling

Lefet
08-02-2010, 11:33 PM

-Estimation tools

Lawnpro
Easy to use
Too easy, already outgrew it
What support????
$100.00
Basically the additions I would look for would be the ability to break things down more, ie, expenditures per vendor etc.
Invoice reminders would be good too. Overlooked an invoice last month, thank God she was honest.

lilweeds
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
qXpress. Didn't like Gopher, and it was the second one I tried.

tedpenn
08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Are most of you guys using Quickbooks for accounting?

Potomac Lawns Inc.
08-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Qxpress, Works with Quickbooks, Started 9 years ago with Groundskeeper pro from adkad.

lawnangel1
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Clip. Bought many years ago. Its a little complicated to learn and get used too. I think we payed around 1000.00.

dex242
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
are any of these programs bilinguallike french in montreal it needs to be french lol

bohiaa
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
LP. out grew it

sont have time to learn anything else

jbell36
08-17-2010, 01:15 AM
tried lawnpro and absolutely hated it and their customer support was terrible, the person who responded to me was a smartass via email...switched to gopher and love it...i'm looking in to an online source right now because the risk of my computer crashing or getting stolen scares me, think about it, that would mess up everything

deepsea
08-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Have 50 employees. Been on Quickbooks for several years for accounting.

Just abandoned program called Manager Plus for scheduling and reporting. Cost $600 and was cumbersome. Support said we had to sign up for $350/yr plus take classes at additional charges. Going back to Excel and Outlook.

Have GPS in 2 of 20 trucks. Only for irrigation repair crew who is at time and materials. Still working on the reporting syncing with excel so can bill customers.

What do you use Tedpenn?

turf&tree
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Just bought Groundskeeper Pro. Have not used it yet. I will tell you you can run it on a mac. Mac has a program called Bootcamp. It lets you partition your drive and install windows on your mac. With the intel chip all this is possible now. I did it and I am not a computer whiz at all. Will let you know about Groundskeeper pro. Will probably run it on my office PC for now. I am also getting an Ipad for portable work. Lots of great apps, and new ones on the way everyday.

BCM
01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
www.realgreen.com is the only softwear you'll want to use if you want to grow your business

pplm
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Service Auto Pilot does everything you need plus more can interact with quickbooks

chipk1
01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I use MowTrac. It integrates into you own website with only 1 line of HTML code. I can access my billing from any PC and even my iphone. It's cost is a fraction of what quickbooks cost me and upgrades are always free and done automatically. My customers can also log in to view their accounts and print invoices.

M & MD Lawn
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
subscribing for reviews, I am looking to purchase a program come the spring so I can keep track of things better than my calendar in my computer and pd and owe marked beside it.

pplm
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
subscribing for reviews, I am looking to purchase a program come the spring so I can keep track of things better than my calendar in my computer and pd and owe marked beside it.

You may not want to wait till spring. Get the program you you want "need" now and get everything you need entered now, before it gets to the busy time of the year.

M & MD Lawn
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
You may not want to wait till spring. Get the program you you want "need" now and get everything you need entered now, before it gets to the busy time of the year.

this is very true, never thought about that

Timi The Sod Lover
01-11-2011, 11:42 PM
We use a program called ServiceSideKick http://www.servicesidekick.com/ We use it for CRM (managing customers) also posting notes in customer or estimate files, estimating jobs, invoicing, tracking advertising leads, scheduling and it integrates with QuickBooks. Very straight forward and easy to use software. I believe they have 30 or 60 day free trials.

MudslinginFX4
01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Qxpress, Works with Quickbooks, Started 9 years ago with Groundskeeper pro from adkad.

i second this

TMlawncare
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
i second this

That what we use also. We tried few other programs but Qxpress Platinum with Quickbooks Pro is a great combination. This program is flexible and has the ability to grow with your business. This will be our 3rd year using it. No plans to switch. Simply nothing better on the market yet.

Ducke
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Well I'm more confused now then before I read this thread.;)
I guess its hit and miss when it comes to software each person/company seems to have it likes and dislikes.
Great read now I still need to choose a software program
eeny meeny miny moe :)

zturncutter
01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
eeny meeny miny moe, I think I'll go with Quikbooks Pro.:cool2: http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-413617-QuickBooks-Pro-2011/dp/B003YJ5ESM/ref=pd_cp_sw_0_img

Ducke
01-20-2011, 08:35 AM
eeny meeny miny moe, I think I'll go with Quikbooks Pro.:cool2: http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-413617-QuickBooks-Pro-2011/dp/B003YJ5ESM/ref=pd_cp_sw_0_img

Hey that's good your a real poet.
I quickbooks small business accounting but I looking for a customer data base as well

Frue
01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
we use gopher for invoicing and income tracking excellent program for scheduling. Now for accounting we use quicken home and business. We set a business tag on all accounts so when there is a receipt that pertains to business right off, I tag it and at the end of the year we run a business report. hand that to the accountant for right offs, then we print a income from gopher then thats the end of it.

you need more info let me know. This system works awesome.