PDA

View Full Version : LandscapeBilling.Com....Anyone use it?

Field of Dreams LC
08-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I am looking at getting some software to handle all my books and I have browsed over this and have looked at it a little bit. But I wanted to se if any of you have used it and what you think about it. I had quickbooks but am going crazy trying to learn how to use it. These seems pretty simple plus its backed up by a company. The price is 5.27 a month.

MowHouston
08-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Its good for a startup company but annoying to use once you have to go into billing everyone. Last time I used it there were a few bugs and there was no way to do recurring payments.

You might look into Gopher Software. Its what I use and helps keep me very organized. Once you put someone in the scheduling tool, its a breeze to turn completed jobs into invoices for billing.

Grasshopper23
08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I know this is an old old thread, but I wanted to see how people like Landscape Billing. Thinking about taking this route. We are about to transition from all paper to computer so I want the right software to start with.

Sweet Tater
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I am looking at getting some software to handle all my books and I have browsed over this and have looked at it a little bit. But I wanted to se if any of you have used it and what you think about it. I had quickbooks but am going crazy trying to learn how to use it. These seems pretty simple plus its backed up by a company. The price is 5.27 a month.

I use it and love it, its sooo easy to use and input info. creating invoices is super simple too. great program for the money

ooppss wrong program, I was refering to Landscaper Billing not Landscape billing

Southern Pride
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Its good for a startup company but annoying to use once you have to go into billing everyone. Last time I used it there were a few bugs and there was no way to do recurring payments.

You might look into Gopher Software. Its what I use and helps keep me very organized. Once you put someone in the scheduling tool, its a breeze to turn completed jobs into invoices for billing.

See, I had the oppostie experience. Gopher seemed to be very elementary and incomplete. Maybe it just depends on the person, but After looking over landscapebilling.com I find it much easier to use.

Johnny test
08-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Nope... ..

Armadillolawncare
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Quickbooks pro

rnh719
09-10-2010, 01:47 AM
We made the switch to Landscapebilling a couple of years ago and love it! I read a lot of threads and went to the sites of a couple of different billing sites and chose to try landscapbilling. Honestly, what first got me was I could try it free lol, but the monthly price from there on out was so much cheaper than any other program/software.

A few things I like, it's a website you can access from anywhere. Our hard drive crashed last year and the tech who fixed it actually told me I was very lucky I did not use a program like Quickbooks because I would have lost everything. While our pc was getting fixed I could do all of my billing and estimates at my parents house.

The site is easy to use, the estimates and invoices look really professional, customers can pay online and there are a lot of useful features. Like the sales tax report. I handle all of the administrative functions for our business and it has seriously made my job much easier!

Someone mentioned bugs and being annoyed by the lack of a feature, the nice thing is you can email landscapebilling and they do what they can to implement the feature you feel is missing. They did this for me on the estimate forms, they actually added something I suggested.

I say, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed and it's free to test it out. :)

jbell36
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
i too have gopher and love it BUT i'm scared to death that one day my laptop will crash or get stolen and i'm SOL, so having software that is accessible online is key in my opinion especially if you have a lot of accounts...i'm very pleased with gopher pro and actually don't think that landscapebilling.com will be as easy to use but i think i'm going to make the switch next year simply because you access it online and can't lose your IMPORTANT information

the price isn't bad either, 5.27 a month? that's awesome

Precision Pondscapes
09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
I to was very skeptical about Quick books, Gopher etc and was going to go the way of Internet book keeping but decided against it and went with Quick books. I calculated out the monthly cost versus the software and realized that I could pay for all the software in about a year...Now I know the concern for the CPU hard drive crashing or getting effected etc...I just purchased a external hard drive and keep all my files on there and when done updating sit it to the side with no fear of a crash or virus etc causing me any harm plus I have all my records etc in there so when needed I can take the hard drive to accountants etc and not have to worry about boxes of paperwork...Just a idea as it has been and is working for me and I have no monthly fees

Precision Pondscapes
09-16-2010, 02:52 PM
That actually is a pretty good solution. It's the first I have heard in a long time. Just be careful not to drop it. Also make sure it is pluged in to a battery backup if you have one. Last, make sure you replace it every 2 years or so. You could also do online backups but they cost a monthly fee.

Exactly I went to harbor freight and purchased a stainless case that has about 5 inches of foam protection and also have it on a batter back up (actually a solar panel with one outlet) that I keep it upto par with.....As for replacing every 2 years I have not got that far yet I have 4 years of records on 2 seperate Hard Drives but I may go get another one now as you have me concerned for the replacement every 2 years was that from experience or just precautionary? Thanks for the info

Grnhed
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Exactly I went to harbor freight and purchased a stainless case that has about 5 inches of foam protection and also have it on a batter back up (actually a solar panel with one outlet) that I keep it upto par with.....As for replacing every 2 years I have not got that far yet I have 4 years of records on 2 seperate Hard Drives but I may go get another one now as you have me concerned for the replacement every 2 years was that from experience or just precautionary? Thanks for the info

You might also consider a "raid array" It has several modes to run in. In RAID 5 it is redundant to the point that it makes duplicate copies all by itself. ( A RAID is multiple drives enclosed in a single enclosure and managed as a single unit. Anywhere from 2 to 10 individual hard drives) In RAID 5, if one drive shits the bed you automatically have a "good" copy to run on. In RAID 1, not recommended in this case, it distributes the info across the multiple drives for through put. (Attractive to me as I edit video and the video files are HUGE and although to edit is non destructive to the original, Each edit has to be rendered (drawn again for lack of a better term) and of course that file is HUGE. To edit video one much transfer huge amounts of info every second so using firewire 400 or 800 and swapping files on a raid array in raid 1, takes 1/4 the time that it takes to actually store the video on the same drive that is actually running windows AND the editing software AND trying to manage the edit you are working on. If you start getting into Hi-def video files they are even larger. So video editing in a somewhat pure form, takes a TON of storage space hence the multiple drive bays.
Hope you guys dont mind me butting in. Have you guys looked at or tried "Freshbooks"? its an online access portal as well
Harry

TexasFire221
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone having issues logging onto landscape billing. This is really ticking me off. This program is nothing but a pain in the butt. I ordered quickbooks pro and its way to advanced for me I will be returning it. Took me almost an hour to do one invoice. I love landscape billing it just has way too many bugs lately.

Grnhed
09-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Anyone having issues logging onto landscape billing. This is really ticking me off. This program is nothing but a pain in the butt. I ordered quickbooks pro and its way to advanced for me I will be returning it. Took me almost an hour to do one invoice. I love landscape billing it just has way too many bugs lately.

There server must be down today, I am having the same thing. I JUST now got on at 8:00 PM our time

HOLLYWOODHAWKS
09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Donot use this program i have been using it for 1 1/2 months and nothing but problems in the last month i have not been able to access my info 8 or 9 times and as im writing this i have not been able to access my account for the past 12 hours. I have to change now

HOLLYWOODHAWKS
09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
If you can get access when u need it this system sucks

HOLLYWOODHAWKS
09-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I have 250 accounts that i cut on a weekly basis and im using landscaping for 1 1/2 months and have had many problems i cant access my info right now and have not been able to for 12 hours and have had problems accessing my account at least 1 or 2 or 3 times a week this sucks do not use this program

-=Shaw=-
07-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Not to hash up old issues, but I've been looking at landscapebilling.com - wanted to see if anyone had fresh eyes on it...?

Grnhed
07-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Since the trouble referred to in this thread, I have had no issues.
With that I would like to see some improvements.
1. The ability to look at a future schedule. It will show the number of stops but, someone unfamiliar with your schedule would not know if the ten stops you have scheduled for Thursday are regular 60 x 110 interior lots or all ONE acre lots. One doesnt have a graphic representation of man hours required for the day to let you know you have a hole if you pick up a new project. For example I have a back yard renovation around a pool with about 3 hrs remaining work required yet on paper it looks like a 40 minute mow.
Also, with multiple crews it would be nice to show schedules side by side to facilitate asset allocation if you break down somewhere.

On the positive, they provide script to insert on my web sites to my paypal portal to allow CC or DC payments online. With a paypal debit card the funds are immediately available and take out the delay of funds posting and the chance of charges for checks from customers presented against NSF. One can also use the "customer center" to showcase specials for seasonal color or squirt and fert deals.
Downloadable statements and invoices in pdf to send and document customer activities.
I am a one man show and with 100 plus customers on the books of which 60 +/- are weeklys, it meets my needs generally speaking.

Now, with all of that I cant ***** for 6 bucks a month and only a monthly commitment.