PDA

View Full Version : Unilock Warranty

SLI2421
07-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Hi. I am new to this site. What a great place. I spent a couple of hours reading through the different forums.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with warranties on Unilock jobs - warranties beyond Unilock's manufacturer warranty.

A lot of customers want a warranty - which we are willing to do - but I just need a starting point or some advice on what is reasonable, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Lisa

paul
07-31-2002, 11:28 PM
If your a certified installer of Unilock product you'll have to offer a 5 year warranty.

kris
08-01-2002, 07:14 AM
5 years ! Wow.

I suppose it's no big deal ... if you make it past the first year with no problems in your workmanship then the rest should be a breeze.
Our basic warranty is one year on everything but I have never seen us refuse a request after that. The important thing is to deal with any warranty concerns in a timely manner. Some of the best PR money can buy.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Since water and workmenship are your enimies, why wouldn't you pass on the 5 year warrenty?

kris
08-04-2002, 06:47 PM
LGF ... please explain your post

Our workmanship is certainly not our enemy ... in fact it is our greatest asset. Not sure where the water came from???

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Workmanship; meaning you belive in your work.

Water; meaning it is the easiest destroyer of wall instalations, falls back to workmenship.

Enimies; meaning if not done correctly. You got the post.

The question was; why would you not pass on the warrenty?

mike48114
08-24-2002, 09:37 PM
The Unilock authorized contractor program in Michigan requires at least a 2 yr. warrantee against defects in workmanship...unilock warranttes thier material for life !