PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a trailer like this?

OKSooner
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Any of you trailer makers out there want to answer a question?

I've about decided on a trailer set up like this:

6' 4" W x 16' L(or something within a few inches of that width; 7' is too wide for my parking space. Narrower is better than wider because of parking constraints.)

Tandem axles. Standard capacity (2 x 3500?) will be fine; brakes on at least one axle. Dual brakes would be better.

4' expanded steel all around

2' x 2' tool box built in front top of trailer

ANOTHER 2' X 2' "stuff" BOX UNDER THAT ONE - (Yes, I know that I'll lose 2' of parking space doing it that way. Trust me, I have a reason for it.)

A removable side ramp on the right side. Somewhere between 36" and 48" wide. "Perfect" would be about 38"-40".

ANOTHER REMOVABLE SIDE RAMP ON THE LEFT SIDE. (I know this is kinda unorthodox but I've got my reasons for it. I AIN'T gonna use it for an equipment ramp.)

Trimmer racks on the outside.

STAKE POCKETS FOR BUILDING A LEAF BIN IN IT.

Maybe a split gate for the rear, maybe with some kind of lift assist.

Spare tire carrier.

Water cooler carrier.

Maybe some other options too depending on what you'd like to sell to me.

Delivered to Tulsa, OK. Timetable open.

mowerbrad
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
You'll be looking at anywhere from $4000-$6500 for a trailer like that, depending on where you go, some trailer places think their trailers are made of gold and others are very reasonable.

I'm currently having a trailer built with some similar specs, just a little bit bigger of a trailer, that's where I'm getting my prices from.

You may also want to look into upgrading axles to the 5200lb axles, there is like a $50 difference in price per axle and it adds 50% to your GVWR compared to the 3500lb axles.

SNAPPER MAN
08-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Here in Texas most trailer manufactorers will custom build you whatever you want. A trailer like that would probably run $3500. Here trailmaster sells a landscape trailer that's 16' long with 4' expanded metal sides, 2x2' lockable front box, weedeater racks, side gate, and reinforced rear ramp. I'm thinking about getting one and they sell for $2695.
Posted via Mobile Device

OKSooner
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Here in Texas most trailer manufactorers will custom build you whatever you want. A trailer like that would probably run $3500. Here trailmaster sells a landscape trailer that's 16' long with 4' expanded metal sides, 2x2' lockable front box, weedeater racks, side gate, and reinforced rear ramp. I'm thinking about getting one and they sell for $2695.
Posted via Mobile Device

Could you provide a short list of manufacturers to contact, preferably in North Texas? I've found one located in Spring, but I'd like to talk to one or two others before I commit to anything. Right now I'm thinking I might pay for one from someone within a day's drive and then go get it when it's ready - hopefully before leaf season gets here.

SNAPPER MAN
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't know anyone in north Texas. But check out trailmastertrailers.net and see who the closest dealer is to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Craig3
10-21-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.starlitetrailers.com/
They made me what I wanted, simpler than your request...but there isn't any reason it can't be made.

ryno23
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm planning on getting a new trailer soon also. I've talked to tiger trailers, big tex,performance and diamond c, all around mt pleasant,tx. I think diamond c looks the best but that comes with a price. Anyone have a diamond c trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm planning on getting a new trailer soon also. I've talked to tiger trailers, big tex,performance and diamond c, all around mt pleasant,tx. I think diamond c looks the best but that comes with a price. Anyone have a diamond c trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get the Tiger just have them make it to your specs, and it will still be cheaper than a Diamond C. They will put heavier metal, smaller boards, sealed beam LED's, whatever you want. You just have to give them the specs. I have a 2ft solid side with pipe top rail, radials, spring assist lift gate, LED sealed beams they built for 2400 with 1 brake axle 3500k, 16ft.

ryno23
10-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Do u have any pics of your trailer? I want the 2' sides with expanded metal. Tiger has had the best price so far and i got a dealer close by
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Do u have any pics of your trailer? I want the 2' sides with expanded metal. Tiger has had the best price so far and i got a dealer close by
Posted via Mobile Device

For some reason it is failing when I try to down load the pics. PM me your email and I'll send you the pics.

360ci
11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
getting a basic landscaper you'll find is reasonably priced. Once you add on options or the word "custom" pops up, then the price can be as high as you can imagine. Chances are good you'll find a decent place in your area that can sell you a well built trailer that you can work on a daily basis at a reasonable cost. Keep in mind trailer delivery can be close to the $2/mile mark so it'll be to your benefit to pick it up, even if it's a half days drive away.

ScooterbiltMfg
11-03-2011, 05:53 PM
The guys at Outlaw Mfg in Rogersville, Mo can build you anything you need, they are very competitive in their pricing and build one hell of a solid trailer! www.outlawmfg.net