PDA

View Full Version : Little Wonder HPV Vacuum

a12
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I found a LW model 5600 HPV for sale. It's a 2005 and is in very good condition. Not sure how many hours are on the engine. They are asking $850. I know how much these go for new, but what do you think a 2005 is? Got him down to $750, but was thinking about getting down to $700. Is this a good deal for this price? Also, does anyone have any pros/cons on this particular model?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

LewisLawn
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
sounds like a good deal i have one mine is about 5 or 6 years old only prblem was after time hard to get started mechanic fixed it now starts on first pull every time only bad is if debris is wet such as leaves it clogs easily dry material pick up is excellent early fall leaf removal and spring cleanups works very well with attachemnt makes cleaning out beds super easy without distrubing all the mulch

a12
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks

Ended up getting it for $700.

Is there anything else that needs to be maintained on this, or that I should look out for, besides the usual - oil, air filter, etc.?

How much should I expect to pay for that hose attachment?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

dex242
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
i was wondering if that machine will pickup hedge clippins?

LewisLawn
08-05-2010, 12:29 AM
dependiong on the size of the hedge clippings you shouldn't have any problems...the strap to close the bag to the machine i have had to modify as the material has worn out but that was no big deal to replace the whole bad is 125 for me at the dealer and the hose attachment is less than 150....for when the impller gets clogged i have added wing nuts to help speed the process of getting to the clog and dislodging it and getting it back together