PDA

View Full Version : retaining wall RE- leveling ?'s

greenrootz
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Wanted to get your opinions on what to charge for a retaining wall re-level. It's a 2 course wall 164 bricks on the base level and about 330 total with stone instead of mulch behind the wall. it goes around the back of his house and around the pool. The ground is pretty flat and i think he could need about another 50 + bricks to bring up the area at the back side of the pool. I'd be doing most of the work myself possibly a second laborer for part of the job. Let me know your thoughts on what you would charge.

greenrootz
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
more pictures

DVS Hardscaper
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I kinda draw the line with telling others what to charge, thats kinda like having someone do your History class essay for you.

I'm presuming you have never done that, otherwise you wouldn't be axing.

But, if this helps:

- you'll have to estimate how many hours it will take you to disassemble the existing wall.

- you'll have to estimate how long it will take to properly prepare the base (footer excavation, aggregate installation leveling and compacting,

- you'll have to estimate how long it will take to properly level and set the base course of block

- you'll have to estimate how long it will take to build the wall after the base course installation is completed

- you'll also need to account for turf damage repair (grading, backfilling, seeding)

Hope this helps

dougaustreim
08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
In my experience, I have usually found that rebuilding a wall takes a lot more time than building a new one from scratch.

Krafty
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Twice what it would cost to build it from nothing...... No one can answer this question we don't know what it cost you to do business. To build a new wall from scratch but ,you also have to take apart the old one. Usually you have some cleaning work to do as well on the old blocks. Good luck to ya!

Glenn Lawn Care
08-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks good! That pool looks like a lot of fun right now!