PDA

View Full Version : What should clean up run a hour?

coryjones
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I have been doing some major clean ups. I just finished one that took 32 hours. I cut him a pretty good deal he is a friend and has given me a ton of work and has a ton more for me. Might just get me through winter he has a 2,800 square foot garage he wants built. I charged him $20 a hour. I have another one i am doing and i decided to see what the limit people would pay and told her $50 a hour. I have 8 hours in it already. Most stuff i bid by the job but clean up like this one is tough to do.

clean_cut
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
It depends on many things, if you're out there with a rake and a tarp, $15 may be fine, but if you have 2 br 600's a leaf loader, 2 bagging mowers, a leaf plow, etc. you will have to charge over $15 an hour to cover your overhead.

I guess just find out how much you need to cover your overhead, and add however much you want to make to that. It's different for everyone I suppose.

I'm personally going to try to charge by the job this fall, I think people would rather pay $125 for a cleanup than $50 an hour, even if it comes out to be the same price.

Lets see what everyone else has to say.

coryjones
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I understand it is different to everyone the ones i have been doing like the last one i hauled 13 loads of bushes and trees and stuff off and moved about 3 ton of river rock by hand. Nothing overly complicated but hard work. It is just me and maybe a friend under the table. The only over head at this time is fuel and insurance everything is paid for.

Peerless Lawn Care
08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
If I am running 2 people with leaf blowers, myself on the Exmark and loading it into a dump truck with a Billy Goat vacuum system I try to get $100/ hour for fall clean-up.

coryjones
08-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I am talking about stuff like cut down small trees pull stumps find the yard lol

Prolawnservice
08-26-2010, 12:03 AM
We get $60 per man per hour + equipment ie tractor with loader and rake gets $100 per hr stump grinder $80 per hr ect...

LawnGuy73
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
$126.00 per hour for a two man crew.

bohiaa
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
$126.00 per hour for a two man crew.

YUP, we run at 125.00 per hour.

stan the man
09-19-2010, 08:31 AM
two man crew and equipment 125.00 hour

MarkintheGarden
09-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I understand it is different to everyone the ones i have been doing like the last one i hauled 13 loads of bushes and trees and stuff off and moved about 3 ton of river rock by hand. Nothing overly complicated but hard work. It is just me and maybe a friend under the table. The only over head at this time is fuel and insurance everything is paid for.

If something is paid for, the cost of that thing is still part of the overhead.

Search the threads for calculating your overhead, you will find lots of good posts and even links to videos on the topic.

When you know your overhead, you can then calculate your hourly rate(s).

If you have hourly rates based on solid numbers, then all you have to do is estimate how long it will take you to do a given job.

No, it is not as easy as just posting a question here, but I hope no one ever told you it would be easy to own and operate your own business.