PDA

View Full Version : Mowing for bank on forclsed homes

coryjones
08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I was contacted yesterday by a guy and he said they are in desperate need of people to maintain yards for foreclosed banks. He went on to say you had to be licensed and insured and take a lot of pics. It sounded good so he sent me a e mail with the info. I got to reading it they want you to take 50 pics before during and after. Not that big of a deal got to reading more said grass could be up to 16" tall and it payed $15 a yard LMAO are you serous? Maybe when i was 12 i would. #15 is not worth the risk of hitting something in tall grass or having to make a clam. Not to menting the time taking the pictures. I just had to share this.

davis45
08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I see your from Decatur, right next door to me. I was contacted by someone about this also. I believe they offered $12-$18 a yard, must have a digital camera to take before and after pictures, haha. Screw em.

beachtownlawnservice
08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
One of my weekly customers is a realtor. I mow the properties that he has listed
(if there unoccupied) untill they sell. he pays me and then he bills the bank . He lets me set the price so i charge double my hourly rate. i fell like i should be wearing a ski mask. But they pay it and i mow it...

DitchDr
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Had that happen here. Said he had over 200 properties that needed biweekly mowing. But was offering 12 a lawn, just mow, no weed trimming, no edging, just a mow. Have to have before and after pics to show proof. I gave them the phone number to a buddy of mine who is retired and looking for something to do in his free time. We dont show up for less then 35.00 per lawn

coryjones
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Where you from davis45?

Fordsuvparts
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
One of my weekly customers is a realtor. I mow the properties that he has listed
(if there unoccupied) untill they sell. he pays me and then he bills the bank . He lets me set the price so i charge double my hourly rate. i fell like i should be wearing a ski mask. But they pay it and i mow it...

Awesome that you are getting paid. I Laughed to myself when I read that.

coryjones
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
That was another thing with them they had a whole list of reasons not to pay you that left a bad taste in my mouth.

kodak mowing
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
i also mow for foreclosed home around here the min is 30 for a recut for me and thats a small yard,bigger is more money,and anything over 10 inches i bidd lots more,so i think tomany people are taking a cut out of your money,i wouldnt mow any yards less than $30 unless it was a sub division or trailor park were you mow several.

Glenn Lawn Care
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

davis45
08-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Where you from davis45?

Sullivan...do some work over in Mt Zion and Decatur, will actually be over on Mound road tomorrow mornin.