PDA

View Full Version : Lost work due to scam!

petroskie
08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
So I found out alot of the people i have been calling for field mowing have all said the same thing, I call, give them my " hello my name is bla bla and heres what service im offering to you" and so for 6 people have said well i just got an invoice and paid my bill for having that mowed, and i state: " well im standing on you property in neck high weeds so now rok has been done". and all these people are out of state so they can just go look to see if its done, thus i do a before and after photo before they pay. but work has gotten around and i went from tons o work to a unschedualed 2 weeks off. im just lost on what todo and to top that off the other guy who i compete against is dropping prices, he bid a field for $1000, then i bid the same for $750, then he bid for $200, i cant compete with that! im so mad i may take his wheels off his tractor and say no sir! you dont deserve these wheels you under bidder, kinda sounds like a super vilian. any advice?:cry:

DitchDr
08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Stab him in the neck, but make it look like a accident

petroskie
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
yes yes like he fell off the tractor and the mowing deck just fell on him while the pto was engaged! and you can be my aliby when everyone sees it on the news:waving:

Sammy
08-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Classic Low Balling !

Cloud9Landscapes
08-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Put numerous hidden cinder blocks, metal shrapnel, wire, and any other thing in the field so when he mows it he gets a blade full! :cool2:

Ok that's kinda mean.

ajslands
08-05-2010, 01:59 AM
You want advice or someone to kiss your boo boos? Hers advice coming from an 18 yr old; DEAL with it! Don't complain and move on! Their are lowballers in every industry. So don't complain on lawnsite because ou didn't get a job or two! There are plenty of lawns out there! And their are plenty of people who need landscaping.
Posted via Mobile Device

bradseabridge
08-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Bro, he does field mowing I don't know about you but around here most of the people with the fields have the tractors to mow them. So yeah.

ajslands
08-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Brad is that in response to my post?
Posted via Mobile Device

bradseabridge
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
yeah, but still he needs some cheese for that whine.

ajslands
08-05-2010, 02:25 AM
yeah, but still he needs some cheese for that whine.

:laugh: ooohh I haven't heard that in a while!
Posted via Mobile Device

petroskie
08-05-2010, 03:11 AM
You want advice or someone to kiss your boo boos? Hers advice coming from an 18 yr old; DEAL with it! Don't complain and move on! Their are lowballers in every industry. So don't complain on lawnsite because ou didn't get a job or two! There are plenty of lawns out there! And their are plenty of people who need landscaping.
Posted via Mobile Device
o im dealing with it, the field mowing was doing so well i kept working hard at it and got such little buisness else were that kept at mowing and it wasnt just a job or two it was 6 and i got two more calls tonight so were working towards 10 lost jobs, and i got a wife and kid, house payment, ect, you probly live at home or just moved out, but im not crying no sir, i just enjoy the support that people give when a fellow mower is down in the dumps bacause they have been there and they know how tuff it is, plus just a good place to vent about a crappy week, and im thinking this guy isnt a lowballer hes a scamer cause hes not even doing the mowing he just takes the cash or check and goes and nobody has any info on this guy so hopfully i run into him...with my mower

ajslands
08-05-2010, 03:42 AM
So evetually he'll get caught and then they'll be looking for someone else. You said neck high in grass, besides bamboo, what grass grows 5' high
Posted via Mobile Device

bradseabridge
08-05-2010, 11:59 AM
razor grass grows that high easily, I know a few places I've been hunting and I've has weeds up to my neck.

petroskie
08-05-2010, 12:38 PM
we have two types of noxious knapweed here and they grow tall and thick, theres also this other weed but i cant figure what it is but it grows and grows till about 4.5feet tall and just stops growing, this stuff grows with in a mater of weeks to amonth that tall, and its enough that if one dose not get it mowed the fire dept will issue you one warning and then a ticket

bignamelawncare
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR MARKETING!! YOU NEED NEW BLOOD. Find a guy that prints cor-plast signs. Then nail those things up on telephone poles. Use a step ladder and roofing nails with plastic caps. You're in a stagnant market. Find new people to work for.

www.bignamelawncare.com

terrapro
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
So evetually he'll get caught and then they'll be looking for someone else. You said neck high in grass, besides bamboo, what grass grows 5' high
Posted via Mobile Device

:rolleyes:
There are a ton of varieties that grow taller then 5'. I have seen miscanthus giganteus and pampas grass 12' tall.

MowHouston
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
You should have been working more on residential cuts rather than focusing yourself on one aspect of mowing. Especially since that one aspect of mowing, field mowing, usually isn't something that is in high demand.

Go make some flyers, or put an ad in your local paper.

Just make sure to use capitalization, punctuation, and spell check it three times. Going blind reading your posts.:hammerhead:

ajslands
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
:rolleyes:
There are a ton of varieties that grow taller then 5'. I have seen miscanthus giganteus and pampas grass 12' tall.

I see I have a lot to learn about this industry!
Posted via Mobile Device

petroskie
08-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I see I have a lot to learn about this industry!
Posted via Mobile Device

it seems in this industry you never stop learning

ajslands
08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
it seems in this industry you never stop learning

True Dat! :cool2:

unkownfl
08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Get with the other dude and set some prices together. Try to make the work profitable for the both of you two and share the work or something. I think it is crazy to do a job for 200 if you guys could have got it for 1000 and split it 500 each...

ajslands
08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Get with the other dude and set some prices together. Try to make the work profitable for the both of you two and share the work or something. I think it is crazy to do a job for 200 if you guys could have got it for 1000 and split it 500 each...

this guy is smart! dont burn bridges while you're trying to get across them!:nono:

petroskie
08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
very very true, you light it up after you cross so nobody else can follow

ajslands
08-06-2010, 01:26 AM
very very true, you light it up after you cross so nobody else can follow

:laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device