PDA

View Full Version : Scratch building trailer acc.

GLlawncare
08-04-2010, 08:38 PM
What is a good approach to building some blower racks and trimmer racks for my trailer? I am looking at some racks at Lowes but I'm not sure they will work with my trailer as I have not seen any photos of them. I have a carry-on 4x7 trailer ( I know its not great but it works and it was all I could find at the time) btw. Whats a good welder I could start out with because I'd just be using it to build trailer accessories for myself and friends.
Thanks

LewisLawn
08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
becarefull may want to beef up the strength of the trailer before adding to many accessories of course that also depends on what you are hauling

GLlawncare
08-04-2010, 09:39 PM
becarefull may want to beef up the strength of the trailer before adding to many accessories of course that also depends on what you are hauling

How would adding a wood deck for starters sound?

MikeKle
08-04-2010, 11:24 PM
First off, do not waste your money on those trimmer racks from Lowes, they are garbage! the area for the handles is so big, any trimmer will roll around in them and the clips are not adjustable either. buy yourself a Campbell Hausfeld farm hand welder , I bought one about 10 yrs ago, and it still runs great, and I have built some really nice things with it, you can look at my threads and see some of the pics. I have even welded 1/2" thick steel with it and it worked fine, and that welder was only $280 new. mess around with it for awhile, then start designing some racks, steel is cheap now, so that is the best route to go.

GLlawncare
08-05-2010, 03:22 PM
First off, do not waste your money on those trimmer racks from Lowes, they are garbage! the area for the handles is so big, any trimmer will roll around in them and the clips are not adjustable either. buy yourself a Campbell Hausfeld farm hand welder , I bought one about 10 yrs ago, and it still runs great, and I have built some really nice things with it, you can look at my threads and see some of the pics. I have even welded 1/2" thick steel with it and it worked fine, and that welder was only $280 new. mess around with it for awhile, then start designing some racks, steel is cheap now, so that is the best route to go.

Thanks for the advice. I have seen your stuff and it looked really nice!!