PDA

View Full Version : Triadvantage deck meets WD 40

Turf Commando
08-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Well, after months of frustation, I decided to go ahead and try a lubricant spray under my Turf Tracer HP, Triadvantage deck....

Steps
(1) scrape deck
(2) Spray degreaser (carefully) around spindles
(3) Pressure wash deck
(4) Saturate deck with wd 40
(5) Engage blades to remove any excess lubricant

Conclusion; after mowing thick fescue and rye lawns there was little to no accumulation...
It was nice to mow a whole day, without having to scrap the deck from previous lawns..

It's an inexpensive way to make your day ...!

grassman177
08-05-2010, 08:07 AM
sure is, but it does not last long unfortunatley. i did it earlier this spring

93Chevy
08-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Fluid film does a better job, but still won't last very long.

redskinsfan34
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I've been applying fluid film to the deck on my lazer z every time I scrape/change blades. Each time there is less build up and the grass scrapes off easier and easier each time. I highly recommend it. It doesn't eliminate build up but greatly reduces it.

jelgan
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Redskins--same here--I haven't applied none for at least 3 blade changes with very little build up.

Turf Commando
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Only thing is you have to maintain the deck (re apply lubricant) but sure beats scraping 10 lbs of clippings daily...

Larry Overcash
08-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I use Fluid Film also, and it works great. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive though.

M&S_Lawncare
08-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't like to add lubricants that could possibly damage customers lawn or cause spots.

I scrape and change blades daily and haven't had much build up.

Keep em sharp and clean !!!!!

Turf Commando
08-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Don't like to add lubricants that could possibly damage customers lawn or cause spots.

I scrape and change blades daily and haven't had much build up.

Keep em sharp and clean !!!!!

By the time ,I engage blades, there's a thin film, enough to make slick surface but far from an oil spill....
Haven't had any issues with spots or damage .... in fact my cut quality is even better now..

Bassmar
08-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I have been using Mo Deck from Tractor supply, It works very well. I have been mowing lots of wet lawns due to weather and the deck is clean and shinny, I apply once every month and there is minimal scraping. It is expensive though.

Dano50
08-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Fluid Film (http://www.fluid-film.com) won't burn grass when used on cutting devices. We tested it out ourselves. The real key is regular maintenance until the product builds up a good strong film.

lawnboy852
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Ive used used motor oil brushed on a light coating at times. What i find is that there is still some sticking, but with the oil coating it just peels off the deck rather than getting a really strong hold. We all know its no fun when grass turns into concrete down there!