PDA

View Full Version : Digital Astronomic Timer

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Looking for a 'new' digital astronomic timer.

1: Aube (honeywell) has discontinued the Ti035 model

2: Aube has replaced it with the Ti071, with some enhanced features. However in early testing the time is not retaining its programming during power outs. They claim it will last 4 hours but some say it does not, causing time re-set headaches. All of the other programming is stored on e-prom so it is not an issue.

3: Intermatic is not an option as they have battery life issues and cold weather issues.

4: There are a couple of others on the market but they only offer sundown to sunup, or sundown with countdown to off functions. We need the ability to program a pre-set off time.

Does anyone know of another line of quality Digital Astronomic Timers?

RLI Electric
08-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Are you looking primarily for in transformer devices or is an wall box device ok? I have used the Aube Ti034 (I think) a lot.

emby
08-05-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.aartech.ca/ti035a-aube-solar-timetable-programmable-relay-light-switch.html

James,

Are you sure that they did not just change the model number to the ti035A? This is where I have always purchased them and as far as I know they are still available.

Ken

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Are you looking primarily for in transformer devices or is an wall box device ok? I have used the Aube Ti034 (I think) a lot.

Thanks Bob. The Ti034 is a possibility, but is 3 way capable and has some limitations on loading (minimum 40w load and max 500W) I have used it in the past but the Ti035 is/was a better choice for our applications.

http://www.aartech.ca/ti035a-aube-solar-timetable-programmable-relay-light-switch.html

James,

Are you sure that they did not just change the model number to the ti035A? This is where I have always purchased them and as far as I know they are still available.

Thanks Ken. The Ti035 may be still be in stock at some distributors but Aube has stopped producing them.

Ken

Mayor_tx
08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.controlscape.net/products.php?category=standAlone

We've been using this timer for the last few months and it works great. Very easy to set up.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-07-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.controlscape.net/products.php?category=standAlone

We've been using this timer for the last few months and it works great. Very easy to set up.

Looks interesting... not a modular unit that would fit into a wall switch or modular control bay, but might have possibilities.

I wish they would provide full specifications though. It is a count-down to off timer or can you pre-set your exact off time. How is the location fixed? Lat and long. or zones or?

Mayor_tx
08-08-2010, 07:51 PM
It does use lat & long, then you set the off time by either the sunrise time or a specified time. OF course it also adjusts for day light savings.

NightScenes
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I use the ControlScape timer and it seems to work quite well.

ControlScape
08-17-2010, 09:27 AM
For those of you who may not know.... ControlScape now makes the AstroTimer. This is a stand alone 15 amp astronomical relay timer. It has two sets of timers, 10 year lithium battery..... and so on.

Tim R.
08-17-2010, 10:09 AM
For those of you who may not know.... ControlScape now makes the AstroTimer. This is a stand alone 15 amp astronomical relay timer. It has two sets of timers, 10 year lithium battery..... and so on.

Good controller. I use it all the time.

Terradek
08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
The Control Scape "CSART" is our new top seller. The only problem with it is that it is hard to keep in stock...

Illumicare
08-17-2010, 08:20 PM

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I would like some more information on the Controlscapes CSART timer but the info on the website is rather limited.

1: Does the timer plug in or is it hardwired?
2: What are the timers physical dimensions and does it fit inside typical MDL style transformers or does it mount outside?
3: Is there any way to use the timer in transformers such as Nightscaping, Gambino Magnum, and some other new to market units that rely on modular "decora" style control devices?
4: Does the digital display have a backlight feature?
5: Does the timer use Lat and Long or predetermined zones for determining location?

Thanks.

NightScenes
08-18-2010, 02:23 PM
I would like some more information on the Controlscapes CSART timer but the info on the website is rather limited.

1: Does the timer plug in or is it hardwired? It is a plug-in
2: What are the timers physical dimensions and does it fit inside typical MDL style transformers or does it mount outside? Fits into most professional grade transformers.3: Is there any way to use the timer in transformers such as Nightscaping, Gambino Magnum, and some other new to market units that rely on modular "decora" style control devices? If it will fit the usual digital type of timers, it will fit this timer.
4: Does the digital display have a backlight feature? Never really paid attention to that but I don't think so. 5: Does the timer use Lat and Long or predetermined zones for determining location? Yes

One other thing, you need to plug it into an extension cord to program it ahead of time. The timer sits sideways in the transformer making it very difficult to turn you head sideways to read it. It also does not show a display if it's not plugged in.
Thanks.

Hope this helps

ControlScape
08-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Just to tag up on what Paul already answered.....

The unit is 3" x 2" x 1.25" and no, it does not have a back light.

Hope that helps

Doug Hill

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Only question that didnt get clearly answered:

How is the geographic location of the timer determined? Do you enter your Latitude and Longitude or does it rely on pre-determined "zones" to calculate dusk and dawn times?

Thanks Guys.

Pro-Scapes
08-19-2010, 10:37 AM
James your info is a bit off. The magnum does not rely on a decora style controller. It is there and prewired so it is ready to use should you decide but it is also the only transformer I have ever used which also has plug in capability as well with no additional bays or parts to buy. Very universal.

ControlScape
08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
James, the instruction sheet comes with a Lat/Long table. Once you know yours, you are good to go.