PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed (Lawn Mower)

ChicopeeGuy
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if this question belong is this forum or if in fact I belong here, but why not ask the people that know about lawn care and lawn mowers (the experts).

I need help in choosing a new lawn mower, I have done reasearch and this is my list of lawn mowers that I'm thinking of buying. I have a flat yard (1/4 acre) with only 2 trees on a corner.

Here's my final cut of lawn mowers. I would like to know between this list what you guys suggest.
1. Honda HRX217K2VKA - I have read great things about this lawn mower and some negatives. Great things that it has some type of technology that lets you mulch a % of lawn and the rest bag it. Not sure if true or not. Also that is a great bagger and mulcher. It's very quiet and reliable.

Bad things: The price and the thumb accelerator feature.

2. Ariens blade runner - I heard it's a superior machine that had to be discontinue because it couldn't compete with cheaper models. However I heard its better than many higher end mowers to include the Honda that I mentioned above. I can find it for 369 but its discontinue model so I don't know if I should buy it or not.

3. Toro Super Recycler - I heard this is a cheaper version of the Honda and with the money you save you can buy a trimmer. However I heard is a bit louder and the vibration is harder. Not that it matters to me, yard work is yard work .. lol

4. BadBoy with Swivel - it has better specs than all this lawnmowers and its cheaper besides that I don't know anything about it.

Please suggest guys and if there's something close to this or better that I did not mentione please suggest ..

Thanks guys ...

SchnabelLawnCare
08-05-2010, 10:01 AM
No doubt. Toro.
Posted via Mobile Device

bignamelawncare
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda all the way! Once you own your first honda 21" you'll never go back to toro for a 21" again. The hydro drive system is amazing. The bag opening is larger and easier to dump the clippings out of. Double blades too. I have owned the biggest baddest toro 21" they make, the HD Commercial 21 with the Kawasaki motor. I'm not just making an uneducated comment here. I have owned them all. The Honda is better.
I highly, highly, highly recommend the Honda HRC216K3HXA. Ok the price might blow your doors off but let me assure you if you are trying to make money and not wear your body out, the honda will pay you back. If you mow more than 25 lawns a week with a 21" then buy the HRC216K3HXA
Here's a link to my equipment page:

http://www.bignamelawncare.com/equipment

Here's the honda link
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2LM&modelname=HRC216K3HXA&modelid=HRC2163HXA

ChicopeeGuy
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry but I'm just cutting 3 house a week if that for a total of 3/4 acres.

But mostly my house and that's it .. I know this site is for working professionals, hence the reason for the question. But I will take your word on the Honda brand. Appreciated!

jntaylor
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I highly recommend the Honda HRX217. I just purchased one last week and has proven itself to be a great performer.