PDA

View Full Version : lets help each other out

yergus
08-01-2002, 04:41 PM
a while back some one on lawnsite.com turned me on to clientcheck.net . i think this is great, if it is being used. so often customers use our services, then once the bill gets too high we stop cutting them until they are paid up, too often they don't pay up, they find another sucker to cut their lawn, knowing that rarely does the company take them to court because of the time consumption. if we all use this site, report people that are late payer, or don't pay at all, then we could all benefit, i now run all my new customers on them, and the ones i have problems with, i will list them on there as well, luckly since i found this site, i have not had any problem customer, all been weeded out by that time. but if we all use this site, we will all benefit, how about it, i know i can take the time to enter them if you can

LAWNS AND MOWER
08-01-2002, 04:49 PM
This idea sounds great in theory. What you are saying is that we need to get every lco in the country signed up on lawnsite and then we'll start a black list of deadbeat customers??? There's probably 60 lco's in my area and as far as I know I'm the only one on lawnsite (and the only one using double blades). I've mentioned this site to a few of my lco buddies and then I'll see them a few weeks later and ask if they got on the site and their response is "ah, no not yet. Just haven't had time." Good luck.

LAWNS AND MOWER

yergus
08-01-2002, 04:54 PM
when you want to check on the customer you type in his name and address, that way you don't get 70000 pages of dead beats, and those that don't do it, i guess they can afford to not get paid, the site is free, there really is no reason not to use it, i will, so any one getting called on my dead beats will know all about that person.
and i agree it looks great on paper, in theory, but it has to start some where, and i went from paper to doing it, hope you all do the same. thanks for the quick response

KenH
08-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Ive been using it for a while. The good thing is it is for ALL types of contractors. That is if Mr X stiffed a painter, and the painter used Clientcheck.net, we all would know about Mr. X, therefore avoiding doing any work for him.
Its a good idea.

awm
08-01-2002, 08:09 PM
man id like to see that take off. it would be abused probably. but i cant see how it would benefit a contractor to lie about a client. so im for it . thanks for the link.

Heller Landscaping
08-02-2002, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the address for clientcheck. Do only landscapers use it, how do the custermers know their on this list, and what good does it do. Thanks for your replies.

The Mowerdude
08-02-2002, 08:43 AM
We HAVE to have some kind of threat posture other than small claims court. The old "I'm gonna sue you!" just doesn't scare anyone anymore. Granted, this may not get our money for us, but it will let us have the final word. For any concientous LCO, there would be nothing to be gained by abusing anyone, but if it's abused, it will be up to the customer to straighten it out. So finally, it won't be up to us to set matters straight.

So here's a theoretical conversation:

Customer: "Well, what do think your price will be?"

LCO: "Maam, with all due respect, I've decided that I don't want to work for you."

Customer:"REALLY, Why is that?"

LCO:"You're listed on clientcheck.net as not being one who pays for the work that you've ok'd."

Customer:"That's not true, I always pay my bills."

LCO:"Well, you may be right, but whatever the reason, you've had a problem with another contractor that was serious enough that he felt the need to tell others in an effort to protect them from potential fraud. If you're serious about wanting to do business with my company, you should try and make an attempt to straighten this out."

I think this could be a very good thing. :cool:

yergus
08-02-2002, 06:36 PM
the way i understand it, if i am reading right, if you turn them in on a bill they are refusing to pay they send them a letter telling them that they are being put on the black list unless they take care of the out stand bill. they give them an opportunity to stay off the list.
i will use it on every late paying client, trouble client and a refuse to pay client, i ain't takin any more layin down. so lets all work together and keep each other from getting ripped off, in all 50 states, not just Missouri

KenH
08-02-2002, 07:34 PM
Clientcheck.net does not notify your customers if they are "blacklisted." (Not yet anyway) It is the contractors responsibility to notify their deadbeats they are soon going to be listed. How I use it, is that any slow paying or non paying customers I have, I send them a friendly note saying they are about to be listed. Payment always follows. Its a good way to collect without the hassles of small claims. It also gives the slow payers a little kick in the pants.

Soupy
10-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Has anyone noticed the new sponsor The BLACK LIST GROUP? (first thread on every page) It is basically the same idea as Clientcheck, but they want like $169 for a years membership (with one additional year free).

Is anyone going to join this thing?

out4now
10-22-2004, 01:03 AM
So what does clientcheck cost? Yearly or by the search?

chipk1
10-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Just looked at their sign up page. Asking for to much information for a free site. :confused: How long have they been around?