PDA

View Full Version : need quick hardscape fixture help

BrandonV
08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Guys i wanted this light Link to europhase (http://www.lightinguniverse.com/recessed-lighting-trims/eurofase-lighting-14754-012-inground-recessed-lighting-trim-stainless-steel_g514619.html)... but I need it this week and I've been informed that the dealer don't have/ and the manufacture don't have/won't have TILL SEPTEMBER!! I'm putting in a patio and at the last minute has decided to light the fireplace. Need a flush mounted fixture, needs to be "high heel proof" I like the VOLT mr16 well BUT it doesn't appear to have a glass cover so it looks like a major trip hazard... but that' along the lines of what I need a aim-able/flush/discrete light. I've got a call into the dealer about the unique apollo but my dealer is VERY slow about getting unique stuff.

S&MLL
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
tion
Dimensions Diameter: 6"
Height: 7"
Collection Fundamentals
Voltage 12 volt
Usage Interior Dry
Listing , Low Voltage, Duty Free In Canada

Indoor only fixture.

BrandonV
08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Link to wrong fixture. http://www.lightinguniverse.com/recessed-well-lights/eurofase-lighting-ig-01-s5-inground-round-recessed-well-light-stainless_g244545.html
I'm dumb like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

S&MLL
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice looking fixture. Pricey as well. Does the trim ring need to be S.S.

klkanders
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Brandon,
Try Gerry at TerraDek on the availability of Unique's Apollo or Nova.
Also take a look at Coppermoon's CM.360 or CM.390

Good Luck!

Pro-Scapes
08-07-2010, 07:45 AM
You can flush mount the novas if you core your patio right or if you do the pour sleeves right. If you use the uniques you can also use the trim (infinity ring I think its called)

Another option would be the Kim Mini Vault light which is very aimable and super durable but a bit larger in size. I have used them in driveways to light gates and such when there was little option so they are tough enough to drive on.

If you showed a picture of what you are trying to accomplish maybe there are some other options vs putting lights in the patio.

Gerry at Terradek or Chuck at FOLD should both have any unique gear you need in stock or be able to drop ship within 3 working days to you. Just ask em for 3 day UPS

BrandonV
08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
called coppermoon just now, going w/ the cm.360... seem like they're going to be good to work with. thanks for the suggestion

Mark B
08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Looks like a nice project. I like those Kitchler pathway lights.

BrandonV
08-07-2010, 03:08 PM
well that is what it looked like the first time. We didn't do the patio that time, it's just fallen apart... don't know why but we'll start to find out tues or so.

klkanders
08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Your welcome! Take some pictures of your install if you can. Good Luck!

Tomwilllight
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
BrandonV,

It's a good thing you kept looking and stayed flexible. My experience with several European manufactures is that they are not in stock, slow to deliver and, when they finally deliver, the fixtures are often designed to be... fussy... The mechanical designs tend to have many little parts that want to fall apart and disappear in the dirt.

I'd like to know what went wrong with the (lighting?) job the first time. It looks good... Knowing why it failed is always useful.

Tom

BrandonV
08-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Nothing wrong without the lights. There just weren't any. The patio however has cracked and is just a mess. We're redoing the patio and I'm taking the opportunity to trick things out a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
08-31-2010, 09:27 PM
not totally done yet... notice the conduit in the last photo, blue for water and grey for light. HO is going to be getting some LARGE planters at the furniture market and we're going to add some fixtures/sprinks for the trees inside. after thats done i'll take my real camera instead of the iphone and get some better shots.

BrandonV
08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
oh forgot to mention a big thanks to coppermoon, great fixture and got there in plenty of time as to not slow us down. the effect was I think what we were shooting for.