PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Controlling Fungus (pics)

rabernethy4
08-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I believe this is Dollar Spot, but here are some pictures to confirm. I applied Scott's Lawn Fungus Control a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to find somewhere to get my soil tested so I can't tell you the chemistry just yet, but I have fertilzed twice since I moved in (Memorial Day weekend and Independence Day weekend). I've been irrigating at about 1" per week, watering every other day in the early morning (around 4 AM).

rabernethy4
08-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Also, this weed (Spurge?) seems to have moved in everywhere the fungus is present. Any suggestions for controlling that as well?

ICT Bill
08-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes to both
it looks like you went to the doctor a little late, the turf should grow out of it in a week or 2 if you have knocked out the fungal disease

rabernethy4
08-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes, this was my first experience with a lawn fungus and I reacted way too late. I'm afraid I just noticed some in the front yard (brought there by the mower probably). Is there a spray I should use for affected spots? Or should I use Scott's Lawn Fungus Control as I did in the back? I really want to keep this stuff from spreading any further.

ICT Bill
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I have never used the scotts fungus product so I can't speak to it efficacy
take the picture you took and posted here and every couple of days go stand in that area and look at your picture to see if its under control and going away

do not let your dog or children in the area, it will get carried into the house on your shoes as well, adults are much less suseptable to the toxins they use in this stuff

read the label for reentry times, they are going to be at least 4 hours and often 24 hours, they warn you for a reason, these are poisons

make sure you let the turf dry out from irrigation, the place should be dry when the sun is going down, do not water at night only in early morning, you will just feed the fungal disease when the place is wet at night

rabernethy4
08-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the advice. I hope it starts to clear up in the next couple weeks.