PDA

View Full Version : Extra Charges?

Expert Lawns
08-01-2002, 08:00 PM
this may a topic you guys have never discussed, but i was wondering if anyone has had to charge extra for lawns that have LOTS of dog ''piles''. its getting to be a hastle at one of my accounts. i have to put up with the horrid smell, sometimes it flips up and hits me, i have to spend more time cleaning equiptment, and sometimes i have to skip some parts of the lawn, leaving it looking shabby and unprofessional (and i hate that). i have mentioned to the owner to clean it up or i'd have to mow around it. he obviously doesn't care, but i think of my mowing as my best advertising and hate leaving lawns looking less than perfect.

KenH
08-01-2002, 08:10 PM
I have done it (raised rates that is). What gets me is the customer who has kids who dont do it. It was always my job to clean up the yard when I was young.

E-man
08-01-2002, 08:12 PM
If he does not care why should you. Id drop him and find someone else.

If you dont want to loose his business give him the number of the local pooper-scooper:)

Norway911
08-01-2002, 08:13 PM
I have one customer who has a daughter that comes to visit several times during the summer and brings her dog. When the dog is there, I get an extra $10 to walk the property beforehand and remove the waste, it usually only takes a couple of minutes and there is usually only a couple of piles as well. Easy work! But stinky if it is fresh!

Expert Lawns
08-01-2002, 09:30 PM
i think the thing to do is just tel him 'if there is an abundance of dog mess then i'll have to charge and extra $10 to walk and clean up the stinky mess :angry: ' thanks for the ideas guys

wolfpacklawn
08-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Norway 911

Glad to see someone else that will pick up the stuff. I think its a great way to get an extra $10. We pick up the waste at about 75% of our customers that have dogs. We charge between $8-12 depending on how many dogs and how large of an area we have to pick up. Ive seen other threads on this subject and most of the guys wont touch it.

lawncare3
12-03-2002, 10:32 PM
mc hammer says DON'T TOUCH THAT:D

Turfdude
12-03-2002, 11:14 PM
We place a line in contract for clients to clean up after pets and children day before or morning of scheduled visit. They may get 2 friendly reminders, then warning, then dumped.

Bob

Shady Brook
12-03-2002, 11:36 PM
I am not interested in picking up dog stuff, if I were, I would have a few around my own house. They get a warning, then an extra charge, followed by discontinued service.

That stuff is gross!

Jay

devildog
12-04-2002, 03:07 AM
I concur w/ turf dude & shady brook. with regards... devildog

odin
12-04-2002, 05:36 AM
Im with jay on this one if they dont give jackshit about picking up the **** after a couple warnings they history.

GarPA
12-04-2002, 07:00 AM
a few here and there I'll work around...more than a few, 2 warnings and then I drop the account....

crawdad
12-04-2002, 07:21 AM
Oh, what's the big deal? Just straddle the it with the mower. I can jump a turd with my velke. Just part of the job. Charge accordingly. Be real careful with the string trimmer, though.
Crawdad