PDA

View Full Version : Feedback please on landscape design

CJCuttingEdge
08-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Just met with a customer today about a landscape design...I finished the design please let me know honest opinions on what ya think, also please include what you would price the job at complete including the fence!

Starting at the left are as follows
Star Magnolia left corner surrounded by 5 hostas
shasta daisy
Zebra grass
Jacob's Ladder
Hibisucs "Hurricane Lily"
Single early tulip
Oriental Lily
3 Daylily
Rose of sharon
Oriental Lily
Single early tulip
Hibisucs "Hurricane Lily"
Jacob's Ladder
Zebra grass
shasta daisy
Dwarf Rhododendrum
2 Landscape Boulders apx 35-45lbs
2 Landscape rocks

BEFORE & AFTER DESIGN PICTURES PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AND WHAT YOU WOULD PRICE THE JOB AT...THE CUSTOMER LOVED The design but was expecting to pay $500 lol

grassman177
08-07-2010, 06:52 PM
i did a small perennial garden for 500 bucks, so with those plants i would easily guess at about 800 easy, not including the fence if that is part of the plan.

it is a nice design, i cant tell if the spacing is correct, but seems so

CJCuttingEdge
08-07-2010, 07:21 PM
for labor and supply that seems way to cheap...for this flower bed installed
29'x4' with all plants and labor $800?? how long have you been in the business? I appreciate your input but I would easily tack on another $2000

ed2hess
08-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry but that house doesn't look like a place that can be fixed up with a splash of a few plants.....no irrigtion either right? That bed looks real nice on paper but what will it look like next spring.

CJCuttingEdge
08-07-2010, 07:41 PM
The house is not in question... But you are 100% right it is not located in the best of areas, The landscape in the design is all I would be responsible for along with the fence...Owner does not want sprinkler system or drip irrg. installed, would rather use a drip hose i guess...

If you were to put a price tag on the complete job what would it be?

grassman177
08-08-2010, 10:39 AM
i meant another 800 bucks on top of the 500, oops my bad

it was an off the hip guess anyhow, i dont do a ton of landscaping to do it in my head, i need to do some real figuring for that kind of thing

White Gardens
08-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry but that house doesn't look like a place that can be fixed up with a splash of a few plants.....no irrigtion either right? That bed looks real nice on paper but what will it look like next spring.

You can put a ribbon and a bow on a turd, but it's still a turd. :laugh: