PDA

View Full Version : keep your good friends close and your friends closer

General Grounds
08-01-2002, 09:06 PM
:blob2: i dont even know where to begin this one.

well i currently rent my shop space which happens to be perfrect for my company. i store my equiptment i have all supplies on hand and can even dump there as well.

recently the owner came to me and said that he would be selling the property because of his divorce settlement, i asked him to give me first crack at the property and he said absolutely no problem. told me as soon as the property was assesed he would come to me with the asking price of the property and we can get the ball rollin. great my own property to run my bus. well, a "friend" of mine catches wind that im purchasing the property and being in the same business the competive juices i quess started flowing. so i get a call on my cell tyhe other day and my "friend" was on the other side (was also a member of his wedding party) saying i hope you dont mind but i really need that property and im gonna go to the owner and offer him "x" amount more than you. i said you have absolutely have to be kidding me ive rented there for years and you knew what my intentions where. he states its not personal and it is a business decision, needless to say i told him to look the other way when he sees me and not to contact me ever again. i thought i'd share this w/ you all thought i had a friend in the business i quess i was wrong. i think it bothers him that our equiptment and trucks are very well cared for and his stuff has def. seen better days, im not sure what to think. all i have to say is what goes around comes around. oh, almost forgot spoke to the owner of the property and swore that i would be the first and only contact once the prop. is aval. keep your eyes open tony

jsaunders
08-01-2002, 09:51 PM
It takes time, but people who like you and who are REAL friends will stay by you and won't try to F u at the first chance they can. My friend borrowed 1 of my mowers last year to mow his grass-we talked about how business was good...... this year goes and buys his own equip. thats all right he can cut grass-but looks like ****. I would have told him how to make it look better....But what are "friends" for.
Hope you get your property.

Turf Technologies
08-01-2002, 11:34 PM
No i believe it was sais "keep your freinds close , but your enemies closer."

lawnkid
08-02-2002, 12:34 AM
Sabotage his stuff if he gets it!:D j/k don't worry p[eople like that don't get too far in life.

SLS
08-02-2002, 12:46 AM
Tony,

Being that your "friend" has 'shown his hand' by telling you how much more he will offer the property owner for the site...is there any way that you could beat his offer by boosting your bid a bit more?

I know that this sucks but maybe you can beat your "friend" at his own game by offering a bit more moolah.

I do not blame you for being chapped at this development...but "money talks and...." well, you know the rest.

Good luck, Tony. :)

ADLAWNCUTTERS
08-02-2002, 04:43 AM
don't be to upset. your so called friend stuck it to you..he did you a favor now you know what kind of person he is. i would wash my hands of him , i would wish him nothing but good wishes.mark my words in a few years it will come back to huant him.and you will prosper. i had stuff like this happen to me.i've been blessed many times over.

joed
08-02-2002, 10:46 AM
D.T.A. (Don't trust anyone)

General Grounds,
Perhaps a higher Power has better things in store for you than this property. Wish your "friend" good luck and move on. The only other possiblities I can think of are:
1. Outbidding him
2. Buying the property together with him. (I don't know how good that would be)

awm
08-02-2002, 10:52 AM
my advice ,and u know what they say about advice.
dont loose your friend . u just know him better now. grudges [and thats what this is] dont hurt anyone as bad as the one who is holding them.its poison to the quality of the person and can make u less a person,than u obviously are.
you ll be able to handle what ever problem this causes u. the friend will be the big loser .
now what ive said is much easier said than done. and if u dont understand what im talkin. just good luck to u.

AVRECON
08-02-2002, 01:47 PM
I would imagine that you have a pretty good repore with the building owner. Tell the building owner that you will match and beat your friends offer up to a point(to be decided by you of course). In the mean time, ask your building owner to tell your friend that you have bid $5000 more than he has. If your friend bites, let him buy the building. You may not of gotton that building, but you have some degree of revenge agains't your ole pal, about $5000 worth!:D

AVRECON
08-02-2002, 01:49 PM
I didn't think that the first one posted. Thats the reason for the double post, Dang it!:blob2:

DaddyRabbit
08-02-2002, 04:08 PM
A good bit of advice the bible teaches us is "never let your right hand know what your left hands doing". This is my Mantra. I have always kept in mind 99% of the time that most friends never want you to have anything better than what they have.

goodbeus
08-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Where in the Bible does it say that???

DLS1
08-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey goodbeus, see Mathew 6:3 - part of sermon on the mount. Must read before and after 6:3 because people alot of times people take one text and twist the meaning.

It is talking about people who do good deeds and get there rewards when they talk it up (brag) to everyone for whatever good dead they done. You get your rewards in heaven when you do a good deed but don't tell anyone.

I don't see that applies to what DaddyRabbit is basically saying that basically don't say to much to friend because he might stab you in the back. Sounds like good deeds versus trust your friend issue which is two different issues to me.

awm
08-04-2002, 07:31 PM
man that fella was pretty smart wasnt he.:)

Dennis E.
08-04-2002, 07:50 PM
What goes around,comes around. Something like that anyway.
Let it go and move on. Life is too short.;)

Sean Adams
08-04-2002, 08:54 PM
If the actual property owner keeps his word and does give you first rights to the property, it sounds like things will work out. It's a shame a "friend" would actually be willing to handle a situation like this, even if he does feel it is just "business."

Best of Luck - hope you get the property.

goodbeus
08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
LSDLS,

You are correct...Daddyrabbit is not using the that verse as it was intended, he's using it for every situation...that verse clearly states "not to let the right hand know what the left hand is doing in good deeds & charity." Another example of how people take a piece of the Bible and apply it to their life rather than applying its entirety.. :angel: