PDA

View Full Version : Toro "Time cutter.. How good??

Doc Pete
08-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Need your help guy's. I was looking at the Toro "Time cutter" to use only in the fall for leaf cleanup. Also, I might bag a lawn or two during the season. I realize it's not a commercail machine, but I won't be using it that much, so that's not an issue. So, does it still cut well, and bag well. It looks like the price is OK for what you get.
Thanks,
Pete

edward hedrick
08-01-2002, 10:52 PM
I've looked at it . With the 52 " deck I'd like to see a collector &

a v-2 17 Kawi. But bagger only 44. I own a 52 Toro wb w18 Koh

cuts wet grass well.

Doc Pete
08-01-2002, 11:38 PM
This is 17 horse with a 44 inch deck. Sounds like it has enought power to me.

sjz60
08-02-2002, 04:40 PM
My next door neighbor has a timecutter 18/52. Nice machine, he knocks out his lawn in no time. I have demod it a couple times, and it does pretty well, nice cut, no issues.

For about the same amount of money, the Hustler Fastrack appears to me to be the superior machine..you can get a Fastrack with a 20HP honda Vtwin, 52" cut. The Fastrack is built stronger/heavier, and it comes with a fabricated deck versus the stampted unit on the timecutter.

Also, it looks like the bagger for the timecutter requires a blower..assuming that is running off one of the pulleys on the deck, I would prefer more HP to run it.

Doc Pete
08-02-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sjz60
My next door neighbor has a timecutter 18/52. Nice machine, he knocks out his lawn in no time. I have demod it a couple times, and it does pretty well, nice cut, no issues.

For about the same amount of money, the Hustler Fastrack appears to me to be the superior machine..you can get a Fastrack with a 20HP honda Vtwin, 52" cut. The Fastrack is built stronger/heavier, and it comes with a fabricated deck versus the stampted unit on the timecutter.

Also, it looks like the bagger for the timecutter requires a blower..assuming that is running off one of the pulleys on the deck, I would prefer more HP to run it.

As a diehard Hustler lover, I can't argue that. It's just a damn shame Hustler doesn't have a good bagger unit for theirs. Oh well, what else it new. They must know more than the rest of us....... after all, who bags:D
Pete

mowerconsultant
08-02-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com

As a diehard Hustler lover, I can't argue that. It's just a damn shame Hustler doesn't have a good bagger unit for theirs. Oh well, what else it new. They must know more than the rest of us....... after all, who bags:D
Pete

The reason there is not a rear catcher and blower assembly on the FasTrak is because with all the steel we used to make a heavy duty quality unit for a homeowner we about maxed out the rating for the Hydrogear IZT's (with the average wieght operator) we are using to drive the FasTrak.
There are a couple options coming real soon as for side catchers, we did have the side catchers on FasTrak's at the Expo in Louisville.
In fact I can have a aluminum side catcher for the FasTrak to anyone that needs one pretty quick.
I am told that Hydrogear may be working on something in the future to beef up or increase the ratings of the IZT units, when that happens we will look at a rear mounted blower type catcher.

Later
Pj

Doc Pete
08-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mowerconsultant

The reason there is not a rear catcher and blower assembly on the FasTrak is because with all the steel we used to make a heavy duty quality unit for a homeowner we about maxed out the rating for the Hydrogear IZT's (with the average wieght operator) we are using to drive the FasTrak.Pj

Well, if that's correct, I'll have to talk to Tony or Randy on that ;) However, sounds like typical Hustler. We all know a rear bagger is important for most of us, homeowner or not. It's nice to build a tank, but it does no good to last for 20 years, if it's not the right unit. After all, with technology changing by leaps and bounds, most people will sell or trade an outdated unit for a current one. Hustler ain't quite got that concept yet, though. Sounds to me they're still listening to wrong guy's as they've done with the WB's. Ya know we already had a small poll on bagging and many guy's bag, or use the bagger for leaf cleanup than Hustler thinks. I even told Paul M. to take a look.....thought it might make him see the light, but no, you go build the "great Hustler Z", and then "Don't" offer a good rear bagger like the eXmarks. Come on, someone light a fire under Paul's butt.
Pete

awm
08-02-2002, 07:25 PM
i looked at one yesterday. many subtle differences from commercial units.
smaller hydros,thin deck, are two,my guess is theres more.
now to be honest ,i believe i can mow commercially with it for several yrs.
just good maintenance and clean air filter ,oil,and fuel . but dont try an do a
bunch of lg area contracts . its not made for that. same thing for the fast trac.
jmho . ps my back up is a murray w briggs and hydrostat. i know what i can do w it .just slower going.
some homeowner machines will work ,but u got do maintenance every day ,to make up for lighter made parts.that aint my opinion ,i know i can do that and give an excellent cut.good luck

Doc Pete
08-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by awm
i,i believe i can mow commercially with it for several yrs.
just good maintenance and clean air filter ,oil,and fuel . but dont try an do a
bunch of lg area contracts . its not made for that. same thing for the fast trac.

That's all I'm looking for, too. Just 2/3 small lawns during the season, and fall leaf cleanup from about 10.
Pete

Runner
08-02-2002, 08:49 PM
What does this Timecutter thing sell for? I haven't actually seen one outside the dealer, yet.

sjz60
08-04-2002, 11:06 AM
I think they are around $4799 out here. My neighbor got his for $4700+tax, so $4982 out the door. I just paid $5245 for my 20/52 fastrack, tuesday delivery. happy mowing.