PDA

View Full Version : Lawn painting?

beachtownlawnservice
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Have any of you heard of this? Do any of you do it?

Lefet
08-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Was just on the news here last night. A guy in one of the neighboring towns started doing it. People like it, he says it lasts about 4 months.
We don't do it, probably wouldn't consider doing it.

ajslands
08-07-2010, 09:02 PM
thats stupid! fertilize and water it and you'll have real grass, pluss their just painting it so im sure you can still see the thatch if you look at it

ed2hess
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
We sprayed some weeds last week at an upscale hotel on their request and now there are these brown patches instead of green crap grass. So I told them today we could paint them. I just put the paint from JD into a backpack and spray away. Kinda tricky to keep it off concrete etc. And to paint a 10K yard it would defintely take a good while.

sunray
08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I landscaped a mans yard with centipede sod among the many other things we did,it was a healthy lawn until he had it painted by some clown.
this guy was doing it when I came by for my routine cutting,he gave me the whole spill on how great it was and the home owner had researched it all.
Needless to say when it started dieing he blamed me for bringing something in on his lawn.
For one thing what I understand about painting theydo it on sports fields which are a world apart from your average lawn.
I would say stay away form it,this guy didn't want to look at dormint grass that problem got solved now he just looks at weeds and dirt!

k8888us
08-08-2010, 12:19 AM
We haven't done it. There are a few landscaping companies here in Atlanta, Georgia that provide that service. It's a pretty cool idea if you are in a pinch - such as open house or event. However, I saw a lawn painted last winter and it looked a little strange being the only green lawn in the subdivision (all bermuda lawns).

www.apaclawncare.com
Canton, Ga

ajslands
08-08-2010, 12:52 AM
If there's a brown spot where a dog pissed or something and you have an open house, i might consider it. But I would never do a whole yard!
Posted via Mobile Device

beachtownlawnservice
08-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I saw it on the news. so i figured id ask you guys. was thinking about buying a skid load for my truck to offer squirt&fert. id figured i could offer lawn painting during the winter months just to stay busy?????

brown2greenlawns
08-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I use it myself from a company called "Natural Green Grass Patch". For those of you that think this is not a great idea, think again. The results are amazing, if you are using the right product. Be careful on what you use as I have had some pretty bad paints, turing my lawn a blue color. If you are not comfortable with lawn painting, maybe consider putting new sod in. KEEP IT GREEN!

Frank's Lawn Care
02-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Some people are so cheap! Won't water or fertilize their lawns,so it's bare. I get to their house to cut and look at the lawn. Whats wrong with your grass? Had a birthday party had someone spray the lawn. Cheap a$$ people. Live in a $200,000 house and won't water your lawn.bs