PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer-trailer with or without curbside ramp?

Davislawnservices
08-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm purchasing a new 6 X 12 trailer this week. They have several in stock and some different options. I have a few options: rear gate either one piece or split opening and either a side ramp or removeable sides. Wondering what most people prefer: having the curbside ramp or just removable sides? Does anyone prefer to have a split rear ramp over solid? Thanks !!
Posted via Mobile Device

doubleedge
08-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I vote for curbside ramp and solid rear ramp.

fl-landscapes
08-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I vote for curbside ramp and solid rear ramp.

agreed. helps get fert spreaders and other equipment that may be stuck behind mowers.

Davislawnservices
08-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I thought the split rear would be kinda cool cause if I had two WB's at the back I could open just one half of the rear gate to access instead of the whole gate....and if I needed to I could drop both halves of the rear gate for a rider. But I'm not sure how well a split gate would hold up in the long run. The curbside ramp is one piece though..
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I ordered a trailer about 2 weeks ago now that has the curbside ramp and the split rear ramp. I did upgrade the curbside ramp to be 54" wide instead of 48" wide so I would be able to get a 48" mower (maybe even a 52" mower) on there.

The split rear ramps are quite nice. It makes lifting the gate not as heavy since your only lifting a 3' wide gate and not the 6' wide gate.

Mowingman
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I always had a split rear ramp built for my trailers. I like a fairly long ramp, and a very heavy duty ramp, that will not bend over time. Built in one piece, they got mighty heavy. The split ramp put a lot less stress on my back.
The side ramp looked like a good idea to me at first. So, i bought a trailer with a side ramp. We never used the ramp much. It seemed like over half the time, the ramp ended up right next to a mailbox, shrub, or tree, so we could not let it down. The ramp , which was the same height as the tall landscape trailer sides, was still too short to be of much use.
I would spend the money on good split rear ramps, and not do a side ramp.