PDA

View Full Version : Changing Echo 265T Trimmer to take other attachments

hdtvluvr
08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I have the above trimmer but would like to get an edger and hedge trimmer. The 265T is in great shape and I'd like to change the shaft so that I can use attachments. Is this possible? Cost effective? What would need to be done?

Also, does the edger attachment work well?

hdtvluvr
08-08-2010, 02:15 PM
The title should have read 261T.

dutch1
08-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I believe the PAS, SRM, LE and SHC265 units all use the same power head. To do the conversion, all you should need are the attachments and the short adaptor tube and drive shaft which allow use of the attachments. The fact that your unit is a 261 should not be a factor as the 265 powerhead is likely an upgraded version of the 261. I doubt whether the tube and shaft dimensions would have changed between the 261 and 265 but I would advise you to check with a knowledgeable Echo dealer for the possibilities.

If the unit and attachments are to be used commercially I would not think of the attachment(s) angle. I worked in an Echo dealership for several years and we sold a few packages to commercial operators and the feed back from them was not real positive. If it's home owner use only, that scenario may be an advantage.

ed2hess
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Well I picked up two junk 265 orange pas power head and tried putting it on a 265 that had a trimmer on it ...and it was different. The shaft is bigger on the Pas. So check that before you go very far.

dutch1
08-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Ed, you could be correct. Echo could use a larger tube to support the heavier hedge clipper and lawn edger.

hdtvluvr
08-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, I was hoping it would be an easy swap and would save me some money. I'll have to take some measurements the next time I am at the dealer.