PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman mower

snapper
08-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, I just got a good deal on a craftsman lawn mower. My mom's friend asked me to fix hers. All that was wrong was the trans input shaft was stripped, and I told her I could fix it. Today she gave it to me. Here is the info off of the engine. Kohler Command, 15 horse,over head valve, cast iron cylinder liner,automotive type oil filter,hydraulic valve lifters,full pressure lubrication, Family:skh426u1g2rb, model:cv15s,spec no:41526, Displacement(cc)426,serial:2528203214. Do you think this is a good engine? It has a 42 inch cut. This alt to be a big step up from my 30 inch cut snapper commet rear engine rider. Thanks again Snapper
Forgot to ask, would changing to synthetic oil at the next oil change be worth it? what brand do I use? And also do you guys buy the kohler oil filter, or something else? And also after reading some in the archives, Is using kohler brand oil that important, or will other brands of 10w30 work just as good?

sunrise
08-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Yes use Kohler filters and oil
I have found that Sears price on the filters are good and I know that the Sears Home and Garden will answer all of your question about the mower.

JJOHN22042
08-04-2002, 01:02 AM
You can Get all the Parts you need at the Sears Web site. I would post it but that not allowed. Iam sure you can find it.